A communication error on my nintendo 3DS while trying to play Pokemon Heartgold?

So I just bought a brand new nintendo 3DS (on Sunday) and a new pokemon heartgold version (same day). I started playing and it was working fine but in the afternoon (next day, Monday) something went wrong. I don't remember which came first but here are my problems: after a few seconds of starting the DS an... show more So I just bought a brand new nintendo 3DS (on Sunday) and a new pokemon heartgold version (same day). I started playing and it was working fine but in the afternoon (next day, Monday) something went wrong. I don't remember which came first but here are my problems: after a few seconds of starting the DS an error message pops up and says "Error Has Occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn the power off..." and I noticed that happens when the wireless light is on. My second problem is when I start up my pokemon game and a blue screen comes up saying about a communication problem. I noticed that a white screen comes up first before the intro but not sure if its relevant. When I was setting up the DS, I didn't set up the internet, I chose the option of doing it later and it worked fine. Can anyone please help me? I was really enjoying it and now I'm sad about it. Please and thank you.
Update: The console and the game are store bought and brand new. I'm not interested in using the wi fi. At the moment I'm having trouble with the game and that communication problem.