NHL team in North Dakota?

I heard a suggestion that with all of the talk surrounding Phoenix that Kansas City, Quebec City, Las Vegas, Seattle, Portland, and Milwaukee are being seriously considered for the team with Quebec and Seattle as front-runners. However, I heard somebody on the radio in the car, not sure which station, suggest that... show more I heard a suggestion that with all of the talk surrounding Phoenix that Kansas City, Quebec City, Las Vegas, Seattle, Portland, and Milwaukee are being seriously considered for the team with Quebec and Seattle as front-runners. However, I heard somebody on the radio in the car, not sure which station, suggest that Baltimore and North Dakota are very interested and viable options for a team. This got me thinking, is North Dakota actually a viable market, being so close to Minnesota and all. But what I heard was that with the success of the North Dakota fighting sioux that Fargo could house a team. They have a metropolitan area of 210 000, plus surrounding areas of Bismark and Minnesota could mean a total of about 450 000 people. The smallest NHL market in terms of population ever was Hartford at 125,000 people and some say that if they had a better on ice product would have been there longer.

What do you think. Right now they have a 19 000 seat arena but I don't think a team could be supported because of a lack of financial support from big companies and because they have two markets relatively close to them in Minnesota and Winnipeg. I feel like that every other market that has been suggested would probably be better but I do not know if the fans would be as passionate. I don't think there is a chance an NHL team will ever be put there but an AHL team would be great.