States and Capitals as baby names!?

I love this idea and i'm pretty sure i'm going to do it i just want opinions on it! I have one baby on the way and plan to have atleast 5 more so i'm trying to plan out names for them all.

Theres alot of states and capitals that when you put them together, make ADORABLE names. However my husband doesnt think so but their my children, so my opinon is the final decider.

Heres a list of them i like, the ones with *'s at the end are my all time favorites and two of them i absoulty can not give up.

I will admit, some of them are a little "out there" but the ones that are out there do have adorable but useable nicknames for when the children are older.

Alabama Atlanta "Ali"

Juneau Alaska "Juney" **

Phoenix Arizona "FiFi"

Tallahassee Florida "Tallie" ***

Montgomery Georgia "Monty" ****

Annapolis Maryland "Anna"

Lansing Michigan "Lane" ************

Trenton Jersey "Trent"

Albany York "Ali"

Providence Island "Provie"

Pierre Dakota

Austin Texas

Olympia Washington

Madison Wisconsin

Cheyenne Wyoming

Lansing and Montgomery can not be deleted. I love these two to much

What do you think of them? Which are your favorites and which should be deleted from my list of loves?

• Bex
    Best Answer

There was a lady who named her children after whatever town they were born in with the state as the middle name. Her husband was a traveling preacher, and they had six sons all born in different states.

Random locations? No. If the place name has meaning to you? Maybe.

Austin Texas, Albany York, Montgomery Georgia, Lansing Michigan, Phonix Arizona & Trenton Jersey i like.

Trenton Jersey is my fav :)

How about Dallas Orlando for a boy? :)

"my husband doesn't think so but their my children"

1 they're **

2 correct me if I'm wrong but if you are planning to have these children with your husband how exactly are they any more yours than his???

That being said. Some of these are great while others are dreadful. The only ones I like are: Montgomery, Trenton, Austin, Madison, and Cheyenne.

Pierre Dakota, Trenton Jersey, and Austin Texas are my favorites!

Your husband is mostly right and I am just being honest. There are only 2 names I would even consider Austin Texas and Pierre Dakota. Please listen to your husband don't think of yourself and don't punish your kids so when they grow up in life they hate their name. To many people trying to be different with these names there are not to many good unique names that other people have not thought of yet. That is why when people come up with some silly names to be unique you have to think is my daughter or son going to like this name. Am I punishing them with a silly name just to be unique when there are not many good ideas left because over the many years people have thought of them

• Cali

I like Austin, Trenton, Madison, and Cheyenne are my faves.

lansing and montgomery are very pretty, but i love cheyenne wyoming. They are all good names and it is hard to delete any of them sorry. But if i had to i would delete providence island.

• Hannah

That is just way too tacky.

What about Virginia, Georgia, or Alexandria for girls?

Their my children so my opinion is the final decider? Im surprised with that attitude you'll have a husband for that long. You sound selfish and ignorant. I mean you can't even spell they are = they're. Do you really think you should be reproducing?

Do you know how disgusting Trenton is? It's full of jails and convicts: a really good place to be named after....