promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is Ron Paul's chance of winning the 2012 presidency election?

I need a percentage or something..?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A completely unbiased and honest estimate from me is about 65%

He has strong support in Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, California & Nevada; all important states in the GOP primary/caucus process.

Santorum - No money and no organization. He's the next to go.

Gingrich - It's only a matter of time until his past, the other Candidates and apparently Nancy Pelosi deliver the knock-out punch. He's the second to go.

So it WILL boil down to a race between Romney and Paul.

Even if the other two Candidates stay in the race, there is 564 total delegates to be split between Romney and Paul because the others are not on the ballot. Virginia is one of these states.

He doesn't QUITE have the nomination sealed up; there is still a lot of gullible, misinformed voters out there that think Romney is the greatest politician ever to grace the GOP stage.

If he is nominated, though, you can bet with security that he will be the 45th President.

40% of the country is Independent. A recent poll out shows Paul does better with those Indies than any other Presidential Candidate, including Obama. He does better with non-whites than any other Candidate, including Obama. He has a huge Liberal AND Conservative fan base; just look at Blue Republican.

And look at all these Republicans & Neocons saying that they don't like Paul on his foreign policy and he's not going to get the nomination and he's crazy. Do you really think these Rightists are going to vote Obama if Ron gets the nomination? No.

Source(s): Despite my name, I only answer questions as factual and unbiased as humanly possible. If I didn't think Ron Paul stood a chance, I would tell you so. Thumbs down all you want, the numbers will stay the same.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Matt
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Slim to none and slim just left town.

As a fiscal and social conservative, a Roman Catholic, a family man and a patriot - I would vote for Obama before I could even look at Ron Paul.

Here is why-

Ron Paul thinks Bush and Cheney pulled off 9/11 and killed Americans as part of a vast conspiracy.

Ron Paul has said repeatedly we should not have fought the Germans in WWII. It was not our fight according to Dr. Demento.

Ron Paul is in favor of states legalizing methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, LSD and marijuana.

Ron Paul would cause massive worldwide instability by withdrawing all US troops and naval forces from all deployed locations. This would save us some money in the short term, but wars would break out all over. Our existence keeps the peace in regions all over the globe.

Ron Paul does not understand law enforcement or counterterrorism and thinks the PATRIOT Act is wrong. All the PATRIOT Act does is allow the same tools that feds use to go after the mafia and drug dealers for finding terrorists. No new powers to the police are granted.

Ron Paul hates Jews and Israel by his own words and has stated Iran should be able to get a nuke if they want one. Ron Paul does not see any danger in Iran at all.

Ron Paul does not see China, North Korea or any other country as a threat to the US in any way.

Ron Paul is far too old for the job.

Ron Paul does not understand the Constitution and thinks the government has no authority to do anything without a vote of the people.

Ron Paul does not understand history.

Ron Paul seems ashamed of America and black people through his own racist writings and newsletters.

Ron Paul profitted to the tune of millions over the years via writing racist rants about blacks in DC. There is no way 95% are criminals.

Not all Ron Paul supporters are neo-nazis, 9/11 Truthers and white supremacists, but all neo-nazis, 9/11 Truthers and white supremacists support Ron Paul 100%. That would be a CLUE.

Ron Paul thinks widespread legal prostitution would be great for society. As a father and a Roman Catholic - I disagree again with Dr. Demento.

This is just a short list of reasons that the good Dr. Demento should stumble off into obscurity and stop making Republicans look so freaking insane.

• Yorrik
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Ron Paul has about as much chance of winning the 2012 presidency as does a snowball in Hell surviving the blazing heat.

I've watched him with considerable care - his body language is all wrong.

Maybe the Republicans took him out of the closet to help throw more light on their real hopeful leader, the one with the English name for a damp boggy place, Romney.

British Observer of the American Political Scene

And please do remember, as someone in Athens once said, "The people get the government they deserve".

Same thing here in UK - we've somehow got ourselves a coalition government which is only supposed to happen in a war. Don't tell me, right!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ron Paul's chances of becoming president are about the same chance as Louis Farrakhan marrying a White Jewish woman.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • The establishment wants Romney

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

25/1 sorry it's 50/1 i read the wrong line.

Additional Details:

7 thumbs down WTH those are the vegas odds, vegas odds are the most accepted predictor of future events.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Better and better everyday.

100%.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

None because he tell to much truth. They cant have that.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

just a tad better than an ice cube has of surviving .0001 seconds on the Sun

• 8 years ago

the chance someone that puts a question up like this is popular..... so none

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.