Sudden urge to cut myself?

I was feeling jealous of my friends (long story) and i started to think that maybe its because im a loser.. and i started feeling really really angry and sad and confused... I was cutting some stuff out with an xacto knife...and the thought popped into my head. I started to think how easy it was to just..slice my arm once.. i was scared.. yes,I have depression,and i promised myself id never resort to cutting or killing myself..im scared of what will happen if i start cutting myself.. ive actually thought a couple of times about killing myself,and i try and try to push the idea out of my head instead of letting all my thoughts out. Its like im scared of thinking fully about the concept completely. how can i try to stop thinking about this stuff before its too late? Also,please dont call me emo or that im an emo wanna be.

CLEARLY i dont not enjoy pain and i do not enjoy feeling sad like this. seriously? emo people are persons who love pain,and darkness with a passion. so please,dont resort to saying that when you have nothing else to say. thanks.

I dont think you're an Emo because I'm not. Cutting for me was a way to localize the pain I was feeling. It was something I could control. I too was angry, sad, and confused. I would highly recommend seeking help before you start cutting. The scars I have only made the depression drag on longer. They are a daily reminder of my pain and I am still struggling to get over it.

I wish you the best of luck my friend.

The right thing would probably be to seek someone out in real life that has some knowledge of this, who might be able to tell you where you can go to get some help with your problem.

Try to research if your area has a hotline you can call.

You should reach out to some type of community counseling center in your area and talk to someone. If you don't have insurance, usually they have a way to figure something out. Not doing anything will make it worse. Speak up, people have no idea if you dont say anything.

I cut myself and let me tell you if you haven't already done it and you don't want scars on your arms then don't because it is almost impossible to stop once you start. Try flicking a rubber band on your wrist instead.

As someone who has suffered from SH, ED, ect, all I can say is that once you start, you can t stop. It s weird because I cut once in 6th grade and now it s almost like a sickness to me. Everytime I feel depressed, my first impulse is to reach for a knife. Just don t do it and get help as soon as you can please

Source(s): i went through it myself

To keep you from hurting your self, push past it and do some stuff you like and enjoy? and your not a loser..your you.!! So dont worry,and bbe happy :D

Just think. Why the hell would you harm yourself, and how the hell did "cutting" yourself get into ur head. Its a sterotype it pisses me off whem people say that

• Here is an online course that may help you:

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/courses/his-wou...

It is free of charge.

Please ask for help from a counselor. People that care will help you if you just ask :)