The Stone Roses Vs The Smiths?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

The Smiths they were more original and Morrissey was a better lyricist than Ian Brown and Johnny Marr was in my opinion a better guitarist than John Squire. I think the Stone Roses were a bit too retro with the whole 60's pyscadelia thing, don't get me wrong I love them,especially the whole dance/rock fusion that they pretty much invented but The Smiths are my favourite band bar none, amazing lyrics with clever and subtle melodies. I also saw both bands live and The Smiths topped them without a doubt, probably the scariest concert I ever went to, the crowd was insane and the Band were pretty wild too.

• 8 years ago

The Stone Roses. I like The Stones Roses s/t a lot better that The Queen is Dead and I don't like any of the other Smiths albums at all.

• 8 years ago

Not fond of either but The Stone Roses' debut was unique and invigorating to the UK alt-rock scene in the 80's, which was very insipid, one-dimensional, and bad at sounding sad (in part due to The Smiths' "noticeable" "contributions").

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Smiths, definently

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

the smiths. without the smiths the stone roses wouldn't have existed.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Smiths because they had four great albums, plus a great compilation album. The Stone Roses had one great album.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.