If a minor is charged with accomplice to murder?

If a minor is charged with accomplice to murder at twelve, would they be tried as a adult or a minor? Assuming they're found guilty, how long might they be sentenced if they're tried as an adult? Would it be in a juvenile detention center? Would the sentence be the same if they are tried as a minor?

*Writing a story, thank you in advance!

Okay, suppose she's charged with accomplice to a serial killing; As in, several murders. She is found with the killer draining blood and pulverizing teeth in the basement of a broken down bakery shop.

Would she be tried as an adult?

Favorite Answer

Depends on what state she is being charged in and the juvenile court judge.

In my state a juvenile as young as 14 can be charged with such a serious offense., in others 16 and in a few down to 12.

IN all cases a juvenile court judge holds a hearing first to decide if the juvenile can be tried under the laws of that state as an adult.

All juveniles while being held in custody stay in a juvenile detention facility, even after being found guilty and sentenced as an adult.

Once they get to an adult age, 18 in most states but 17 in many others, they would then get transferred to a regular adult prison for the rest of their time.

Not that young not as an adult no. Depending in their part and the severity to it. They can only hold you up to 18. If you are charged as an adult you would be transferred to a state prison after you served your years up to 18 at juvy.

• rozele

each human being knows that those crimes via illegals shouldn't ensue. And we ought to always be be taking each precaution to resign what we are able. How poor that some safeguard what we shouldn't. Our objective must be to guard as a lot as we can. And communicate out hostile to such horrors--i'll position in writing that paper and of their people's voice see if i can help in a roundabout way supply up those terrible crimes hostile to others. detrimental victims. exciting submit back,

As a adult

Source(s): I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 36,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, terrorism, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration..

It all depends on how violent the murder was.