IS WHAT I AM DOING COMMITTING BENEFIT FRAUD?

HELLO PEOPLE

I JUST WONDERED IF WHAT I AM DOING IS COMMITTING BENEFIT FRAUD

I AM ON DLA (DISABILITY LIVING ALLOWANCE) AND I GET HIGHER RATE FOR CARE AND LOWER RATE FOR MOBILITY

I ALSO RECEIVE INCOME SUPPORT AND EXTRA PREM'S

I GET IN THE REGION OF AROUND £980 A MONTH

I GET THE EXTRA PREM'S THROUGH INCOME SUPPORT AS I LIVE IN AN EXTENSION AT THE BOTTOM OF OUR GARDEN AND IT IS CLASSED AS A TOTAL DIFFERENT ADDRESS

MY PARENTS HAD IT BUILT (AS WE HAVE A BIG GARDEN) FOR WHEN SHE HAD CANCER SO SHE COULD SPEND HER FINAL DAY'S WITH US

IT IS LIKE A KIND OF BEDSIT LIKE EVERYTHING SUCH AS SINK AND BATH AND SHOWER AND THE KITCHEN AND BED ALL IN THE ONE ROOM BUT IT IS BIG

AND WHERE AS MY MUM AND DAD'S HOUSE IS LIKE 14 WILLOW CLOSE THEN MY EXTENSION IN THE BOTTOM OF THE GARDEN (IT ACTUALLY ISN'T AN EXTENSION AS IT IS DETACHED FROM THE HOUSE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CALL IT) IS LIKE 14A WILLOW CLOSE.

I GET MY OWN SET OF COUNCIL TAX BENEFIT BUT I DON'T GET ANY HOUSING BENEFIT AS IT IS CLASSED AS FAMILY DWELLINGS

MY MUM WORKS AS A DINNER LADY AND CAN'T EARN MORE THAN £100 A WEEK AS SHE GETS CARER'S ALLOWANCE FOR MY ELDER BROTHER WHO IS AUTISTIC

I HAD THE CHOICE OF MY FATHER CLAIMING CARER'S ALLOWANCE FOR ME BUT THEN I'D LOSE MY INCOME SUPPORT EXTRA PREM'S AS SADLY IT IS EITHER ONE OR THE OTHER

MY FATHER WORKS AS A POST MAN

MY BROTHER IS 27 (WHO IS AUTISTIC) AND MY YOUNGER SISTER IS 17 AND I AM 22

I HAVE SCHIZOID PERSONALITY DISORDER | DYSTHYMIC DISORDER | OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER | ANXIETY DISORDER

I HAVE TROUBLE INTERACTING WITH OTHERS AND CANNOT FOCUS ON WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

I HAVE TO HAVE SOMEBODY WITH ME WHEN I GO OUTDOORS SO USUALLY MY MUM OR DAD COME WITH ME OR MY SISTER

I HAVE WHAT THE PSYCH DOC CALLS HALLUCINATIONS WHAT APPEAR TO ME AS ANGELS OF GOD AND I HEAR GOD TALKING TO ME TELLING ME I MUST HUNT DOWN AND HURT THOSE WHO GO AGAINST GOD'S WILL.

I AM ON MEDICATIONS: CHLORPROMAZINE (CHLORPROMAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE IS A PHENOTHIAZINE ANTIPSYCHOTIC FOR MY SCHIZOID PERSONALITY DISORDER) - 300MG DAILY | FLUOXETINE (PROZAC WHICH IS AN ANTIDEPRESSANT FOR MY DYSTHYMIC DISORDER) - 40MG DAILY | DIAZEPAM (VALIUM WHICH IS A BENZODIAZEPINE FOR MY ANXIETY DISORDER) - 5MG DAILY | SERTALINE HYDROCHLORIDE (ZOLFOFT WHICH IS AN ANTIDEPRESSANT USED FOR MY OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER)

ANYWAY I HAVE BEEN SAVING MY DLA FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS AND HAVE ACCUMILATED ABOUT TWENY THOUSAND POUND

IT IS IN MY DAD'S NAME SO IF DWP COME SNIFFING ROUND THEN IT CAN'T BE LINKED TO ME

IS THIS CLASSED AS BENEFIT FRAUD?

ALSO I GO TO COLLEGE AND HAVE BEEN ASIGNED A SUPPORT WORKER TO BE WITH ME WHEN I GET THERE BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO DO A FULL TIME COURSE WHICH I BELIEVE IS CLASSED AS ANYTHING OVER 16 HOURS A WEEK AND I DO ABOUT 21 HOURS A WEEK OVER A 4 DAY PERIOD

I DON'T SEE WHY I SHOULD HAVE TO INFORM THE JOB CENTRE OR DWP FOR THEM TO JUST TAKE MY BENEFIT AWAY JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO BETTER MYSELF

WHY SHOULDN'T I BE ABLE TO GO TO COLLEGE AND CLAIM BENEFIT AT THE SAME TIME?

I DO INTEND TO GO BACK TO WORK AND AM SO PLEASED I MANAGED TO SAVE A SUBSTANCIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY TO USE AS A DEPOSIT FOR A HOUSE WHEN I GO BACK TO WORK

I'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO GO TO UNI AND STUDY LAW TO BE A LAYWER AND THEN I SHOULD GET DISABLED STUDENTS GRANT TO COVER THE COSTS OF HAVING A CARER WITH ME AND IT CAN BE SOMEONE OF MY CHOICE

I ONLY WANT TO BETTER MYSELF AND SEE NO POINT IN COMING OFF OF BENEFITS AND WORKING AT THE MINUTE WHEN I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE AND NOT ONLY WOULD I LOSE MORE ON BENEFITS THAN I WOULD IF WORKING BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FULL WHACK FOR MY COLLEGE COURSES TOO

THEY CAN RANGE UP TO LIKE ONE THOUSAND POUND AND I SURE AS HECK AM NOT GOING TO DIP INTO MY SAVED FUNDS AS THAT IS FOR MY HOUSE!

DO YOU THINK WHAT I HAVE DONE IS RIGHT BECAUSE AFTER ALL IT IS MY MONEY TO DO WHAT I WANT WITH

I DON'T SPEND £980 IN A MONTH AND HAVE NO RENT TO PAY TO PARENTS AND THE GAS AND ELECTRIC ARE LINKED UP TO MY MUM AND DAD'S HOUSE SO I JUST PAY THEM £30 A MONTH TO COVER THE ELECTRIC AND £30 A MONTH TO COVER THE GAS AND I MAYBE SPEND LIKE £20 A WEEK ON FOOD

SO WHAT DO I HAVE LEFT TO DO WITH THE REST OF MY MONEY BUT SAVE IT!

AND WHY SHOULDN'T I?

I CAN'T HAVE IT IN MY NAME AS THE MAX ALLOWANCE IS LIKE SIXTEEN THOUSAND POUND BEFORE THEY WOULD STOP MY COUNCIL TAX BENEFIT AND INCOME SUPPORT AND I HAVE TWENTY

IT IS SAFE IN MY DAD'S NAME AS HE WORKS SO CAN HAVE ANY AMOUNT HE LIKES AND MY MUM HAS TO BE CAREFUL WHAT SHE HAS IN HER NAME AS SHE GET'S CARER'S ALLOWANCE

DWP AND THE JOB CENTRE AND ALSO THE COUNCIL DON'T VIEW MY MUM AND DAD AS PARTNERS AS THEY ARE ACTUALLY DIVORCED BUT DECIDED TO GET BACK TOGETHER 3 YEARS LATER

MY DAD HAS TOLD ALL 3 LOTS OF DEPARTMENTS THAT HE IS MY MUM'S CARER AS MY MUM HAS EPILEPSY AND OFTEN HAS FITS BUT REALLY THEY ARE BACK TOGETHER AND SLEEP IN THE SAME BED BUT WHEN THEY CAME ROUND TO VISIT ON INSPECTION ONCE MY DAD CLEARED THEIR SPARE BEDROOM AND BOUGHT A CHEAP WARDROBE FROM ARGOS AND PUT ALL MY DAD'S STUFF IN THERE AS THEY DEMANDED TO SEE WHERE HE WAS SLEEPING WHICH IS WHY MY DAD'S SAVINGS AND INCOME HAVE NO EFFECT ON MY MUM'S BENEFITS

1 second ago

SO MY MUM GET'S LOWER RATE CARE OF DLA BUT STILL GET'S CARER'S ALLOWANCE FOR MY BROTHER

MY DAD COULDN'T CLAIM CARER'S ALLOWANCE AS HE EARNS AROUND THREE HUNDRED POUNDS A WEEK WHICH IS TWO HUNDRED TOO MUCH

MY SISTER IS NORMAL AND HAS A JOB AT TOPSHOP IN TOWN AND LIVES WITH MY MUM AND DAD

DO YOU THINK I WAS RIGHT TO SAVE MY DLA AND PUT IT IN MY DAD'S NAME?

I THOUGHT IT WAS A PRETTY SMART THING TO DO BECAUSE LIKE I SAID MY DAD CAN HAVE HOWEVER MUCH HE WANTS BUT MY MUM CAN'T

WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?

SORRY FOR THE LONG QUESTION

FROM MUCKY MRS

Favorite Answer

Being that I am from the United States I am not too clear on the laws of the land over there; therefore, I cannot tell you with any real accuracy whether or not that would constitute fraud. I do not understand why you are receiving it though is clearly you do not really need it. Usually those benefits are given to those that need it to support themselves; to take care of Daily Living Expenses, and you do not need it if you have been saving it for six years.

• Mary

Yes you are a scumbag scrounging fraudster who is clearly claiming benefits that are not needed and that have allowed an amount to accumulate that would make you inelligable for some of them. Hopefully the DWP people that monitor this will be identifying you soon and coming round for a cosy chat - good luck with that

• betty

Seems you have given out your address... 14 Willow Close, hope they dont check up on you !!!! Just cut down your college hours to 16 then you might get away with it

• ?

TL;DR, but if you're lying about your circumstances, and your circumstances change and you're being given more than you're entitled to, then yes that's benefit fraud.

I suggest you use some of this money you've saved up to buy a new keyboard... It seems your capslock key is broken :/

Tell the DSS all this and I'm sure they will tell you if it is fraud, best to sort it now than wait for them to catch up with you

• shell

I am not gonna sit and read all of that yawwwn!! :o

• SS4

tl;dr

no