What are some good arguments against doctor assisted suicide and euthanasia.?

Im doing a debate in class and i am against doctor assisted suicide. Does anyone have good augments against it? Also i need a 1 minute rebuttal but have no clue what the other person will throw at me... any advice or answers will be greatly appreciated and best answer will be awarded.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

A good debate technique is to determine what the opponent is likely to argue and derive your initial argument around that information. Your rebuttal would then be a simple restatement of your initial argument.

I would recommend that you do a search on information regarding the Groningen Protocol. You will likely find a lot of related research that would help your argument.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

1. That it is just a scam to get more "donated" organs. Despite the claims that donated organs are not profited from, who makes money on their transplantation? The same people who would be offering euthanasia.

2. That such a process would largely be forced on the poor, who don't have the money for expensive procedures, without beggaring their families. "Oh Mr. X, while your HMO doesn't pay for your chemotherapy, it will pay for fifty cents worth of heroin and an air bubble."

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

on account that Euthanasia is unlawful everywhere and Assisted Suicide isn't criminal i'm uncertain what number stats there are! it somewhat is advisable to learn DNR(do no longer Resucitate orders) or living wills. attempt the google seek under

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.