Lump on my groin. please help!?

So the other day I noticed a lump on my groin and it is painful. It is a little bigger than a pea. It might have moved once and it was smaller then. For the most part though it has been the same size and in the same place. It is in the pelvic area where my underwear line is. It is kinda painful and also feels like pressure on my hip. Can someone please help? I plan on going to the doctor this week but I'm kinda freaking out about it.

Favorite Answer

Lumps in the groin can be caused by a huge variety of things. It really needs a doctor review for a diagnosis. It could be a hernia but I think this is unlikely if it is the size of a pea. It could be a little lymph node - do you have any small lumps in the neck or anywhere else? Does it move about under the skin? It could be small cyst or infected cyst. Basically, though, get it checked out by a doctor but don't panic about it.

Sounds like a hernia to me, cough and then see if it pokes out a little (whilst touching it), you will also feel it when you cough, and if it does, then its a hernia and you should see your doctor about it.