Im a girlscout in highschool?

i already got my silver award, now im working for my gold award(like a eagle scout, it's a huge honor), my mom says I probably will get a scholarship to college, but being in girl scouts is kindof embarrasssing. I still have to sell cookies and go to camps and stuff. I volunteer almost every weekend. Should i quit? Or stay in? I have to sell cookies today and im scared someone from my highschool will see me :/

Favorite Answer

Don't give other people that kind of power over you.You do what you feel is right and don't worry about what other people think about it.You can't live your life letting other people's opinions dictate your actions.

P.S.I like the thin mints.

Im a senior in highschool and have been a girlscout since kindergarten. I finished my Gold Award in September before applying to colleges. So being a girlscout in highschool can be embarassing, I totally understand. Personally we never sold cookies out in public, we just sold them to friends and family. But I think if you've gone as far as you have, i would finish it and get your gold award. It helps you with community service hours you need to graduate and you can get a scholarship. I personally have not applied for it yet, thought i should get on that. But its really up to you, if you feel like taking on the challenge because it is a lot of work, then go for it. If not and you have a busy schedule and plus you hate it or feel embarressed, then don't. But when its over, who really cares who sees you? They won't matter once you go to college, and colleges love seeing that your a girlscout btw :)

Source(s): Experience

I'm in high school and I'm a girl scout! Don't be embarrassed, your gold award is a huge accomplishment! Be proud of yourself. You've made it this far, don't quit now! Getting your gold award will definitely pay off in the long run, colleges love that.

GET A LIFE! BUT FIRST....I NEED SOME THIN MINTS!