Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Why do things that happened in the past do not matter anymore?

Opinions?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, I see two ways of looking at this

You could say that things that have already come to pass do not physically have any effect on us, and therefore are not matters of importance [direct]

Or you could say that what happened in the past is not important because of what it may yet do to us (or what it can't), but because by considering past events and correlations one can better predict future events, future events that will also have a physical effect on us [indirect]

Hope my opinion was of use to you.

• 9 years ago

Are you thinking they do matter, or do you agree that they don't?

I would say, other people assume that you can't change what happened, it's over, and you shouldn't let it taint the future. Although it's a positive point of view, it's not necessarily true. You can turn away from past events all you like but some will come back anyway, and it's silly to pretend the past didn't happen.

It's all opinion, really.

• 9 years ago

Today is the beginning of the rest of your life. It is helpful to learn from past mistakes, but rarely can you go back and fix things, It does no good to dwell on the past, but to move foward and do things a little better than the last time.

• 9 years ago

It depends on the situation.

Some situations need to be reminded so mankind can benefit and be wiser, e.g. war.

Some situations need to be "forgotten" in order to move on or do not benefit, e.g. where people made fun of you for no reason.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.