Elena asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How to tone DOWN muscular/bulky calves?

Recommend some exercises or things I should eat.

thankyou.

Stop exercising. Or only lift weights, don't do any more cardio than you need to actually get around during the day. Sit around and watch TV and take cabs/public transportation instead of walking (driving everywhere would be the best but that depends if you have a car or not). Some people just build muscle really fast, my girlfriend can work out for two days and her muscles grow noticeably immediately. She doesn't have to work out at all and remains in good shape, which makes me jealous. I on the other hand build muscle slowly, so I have to work out for almost a month to see the same results she gets in a matter of days. If you naturally have an athletic build/body type you will build it fast and retain your muscle for a long time even if you don't work out at all. You should try these things but also just try not to get preoccupied with it, there may not be much you can do about it.

If they are bulky now but weren't always that way then you can get rid of the extra weight on them by losing weight. This worked for me because I am an hour glass shaped when lighter in weight but I put weight on mostly in my legs so when I'm heavier I am a pear. But obviously if you are very slim already then this isn't an option.

look, muscular calves are beautiful but if you want tone'em you can just cycling sprints.