Ohio or online law enforcement specific AA or NA meetings?

I am looking for AA or NA meetings that are specific to those in law enforcement, firefighters or corrections officers jobs. I want to find these meetings in Ohio or online meetings. So far I have found that California, Boston, etc have law enforcement specific (i.e Bottles and Badges).

Favorite Answer

Why? need help yourself or a family member/significant to one who needs help?

Contact the nearest large city police department's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).

The person does not have to work for that department. They will just do a confidential referral or give you a meetings list for the general area.

Use a large department's resources since there is no way info goes out from the pros or rumors start like in small towns.

Local police unions/fraternal organizations can also help with referrals. Many badge & bottle type groups use the local union hall as meeting places.

If you are only doing research, well this is not the place to ask for help. You get guys like mr. cool. He copied my old profile from Y!A years ago and uses it as his "source" for his troll answers.

While they have referral lists on line http://www.badgeoflife.com/ mostly refer to psychological counselors familiar with public safety PTSD sufferers.

A majority of cops/firefighters who are new to self treatment by abuse of alcohol, psychoactive drugs or even food (as in those OA might help) are undiagnosed or denial PTSD sufferers.

simple google search will give you your answer or look for their 800 number from operator

Most cops are boozers.

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration...