Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 9 years ago

Help?!?! knee pain!?!?

ok so my knee hurts a lot I am still growing. the pain is sort of aching and is very inconsistent.The pain is around my knee cap. I play A LOT of basketball and is more prone to hurting when playing. I drink milk and take vitamins. I stretch before playing. There is no swelling or bruising and I don't remember doing anything specific to set it off. I don't want to go to the doctor because of the inconsistency of the pain so it may not even hurt if I went. are they growing pains? any ideas? thanks

Some treatments for knee pain that can do:

- Gently massage the knee and rest the joint. Resting allows inflammation to subside. This may be the only step needed to relieve knee pain. Rub biofreeze to the area of your body body where you feel the pain.

· Crutches may be useful to take weight off the joint until the knee joint can take the body weight without pain.

· Ice packs and heating pads are also commonly used treatments for knee pain. Remember this rhyme: “If injured and there may be swelling, the application of ice can’t be beat; for the joints that are stiff and sore and have not recently been injured, use heat.”

· Stretching the muscles and tendons that surround the joint can help with some causes of knee pain. A good routine should be established, and followed on a daily basis.

· Go to a physical therapist that uses different techniques to increase strength, regain mobility, and help return the knee to pre-injury level of activity.

· Take an all natural dietary supplement for joint pain relief and joint health. Recommended supplements contain natural substances, such as glucosamine sulfate, chrondroitin and hyaluronic acid, which combine to provide optimum benefits by preventing and treating joint problems.

• KC

You have a good answer but im going to make it simple

ice for 20 minutes every 2 hours

DONT use heat until its been at least 48-72 hours after you noticed pain or injured it

if it hurts bad take aleve it reduces inflammation in joints and relieves pain (so does resting)

and you should probably see a orthopedic doctor if it gets worse or doesnt get better (even if it doesnt hurt all the time)

It's could be growing pains. That's what I thought mine were but it turns out the cartilage in my knee is disintigrating and the bones are starting to grind together. I now need surgery becaus ei left it do long and I'm only 13. You can never go wrong by asking a doctor.

Source(s): Myself