can we immigrate to USA from india as my dad was an green card holder in US ?

my dad was an USA green card holder and unfortunately when he came from US to India to meet his family, he died in an road accident in india....I am his son and on my father's behalf I want to request you that is there any way by which our family comprising of myself and my mother,my sister can come to USA as my father is a Permanent Resident and Green Card holder of USA. I have all the essential documents related to my father's permanent residency with me. Please reply me as soon as possible. I shall be highly obliged..........eagerly waiting for ur replies nd answers......

thnxx :)

Favorite Answer

if you do things legally

• ?

If your father had filed a I-130 petition for your mother and the children prior to his death, then it may be possible to keep the application going if the family has a qualifying substitute sponsor who must be a US citizen or LPR and closely related to the family by blood or marriage. A US citizen brother or sister-in-law of your father could substitute but a cousin could not. See the link below for a list of relatives who qualify as substitute petitioners:

http://www.immihelp.com/affidavit-of-support/subst...

• Jan

No, you can't. The only person that could get you a green card has died, you can no longer use his status to get your family a green card.

You wouldnt want to immigrate here this Country is going down the toilet with the Rich Replublicans leading it...The OREO cannot function with a Republican Congress un worthy of their seats in Congress...

• Lisa A

No. You would have had to have green cards yourselves, and have already moved to the US when he died. The dead can not petition you for a green card now.

He was the connection and as he is deceased that connection is cut. He also wasn't a US Citizen so their is no way even if you were a minor. Sorry but best of luck to you.

Not unless you were included on his original application, since he is sadly no longer living then the chances are pretty much null and void.You cannot ask on his behalf as he is now dead. In short I doubt it.

Source(s): I have a green card and made this provision for my children when I applied and before I came to America.

No ...once he died the connection to the US ends ,..

No there is no way that would benefit you in anyway at all