Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRugby · 9 years ago

Can i please get some tips on my rugby goal kicking? (theres a youtube link)?

my kicking isn't really very accurate as you can see and i would really like it if some rugby fans would come and comment telling me how to improve. If not please feel free to watch my video and maybe give it a thumbs up? lol

but thanks if you leave tips cause i REALLY need them, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oPl-iwr3tI

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=youtu.be

Favorite Answer

One thing i did notice was that as you are hitting the ball, you're lurching your head and back down towards the ball, making a C shape. Ive sent you a link to a picture i quickly made comparing your body shape to me and Jonny Wilkinsons, at the time of impact with the ball. A straight back leads to better weight distribution through the ball, which also helps maintain a straight follow through. This will lead to more distance and accuracy!

Go to rugby leasons thats all i can say