Am I making the right decision?

So I've been doing alot of thinking about this and I feel it's the right move for me to make...I mean I've actually done some thinking and how things I do now will impact the rest of my life...

My Dad is moving away in 6 Months for a mining job 3 - 4 hours away from where my Mum lives. My Dad lives about 30 minutes away from us now so it's not to big a deal. I live with my Mum at the moment and I'm thinking about moving with my Dad when he moves. Of course there's always pro's and con's when you move but I'm trying to figure out which one would be best...Could you guys maybe help me figure out which one I should do?

Pros: I get away from the trouble I've been in lately.

I get a new school so I can raise my standards. The teachers all expect me to fail at everything and don't even bother trying to help me when I ask because they think I won't pay attention :/ I went from being a A and B student to all E's and D's.

We'll be living at a place with alot of land and he said he'd buy a motorbike for me if I was living down there so I had some other things to do.

I'd be an hour away from a sister I'm lucky to see once a year so I could go up there maybe every month and see her.

I could probably get out of some bad habits like Drinking and Smoking.

Cons: I'd be leaving my Mum, Brother, Sister and all my nephews.

I'd be leaving my friends.

I'm not sure what would be happening with the internet :/ I like having alot of download gb's and I also NEED the internet if I'm going to continue trying to get onto my career path of being a Internet Secutrity person.

I'd be living with my Dad and he isn't the easiest guy to live with sometimes...

So that's all of it.

I'm really thinking about moving but I'm not sure if it would be the right decision...

What do you guys think? I know the more Mature thing for me to do would be move and that's why I'm wanting to do it plus I think it could be better for me..

Haha I do live in Australia :P

And I would go back but I HATE trains, Especially 4 or 5 hour train trips...

• K M T
    Favorite Answer

Life is made up of decisions and sometimes it's not easy to make a choice.

lt sounds to me as if there are more advantages to you moving with your dad to disadvantages. Certainly if you have the opportunity to get away from bad influences that is a very big plus...your future could depend on it.

As for leaving your mum...well, it's not as if you're going to Australia, and l'm sure she would love you to go home every couple of weekends or so.

The choice is yours...but l know what l would do in your shoes.

Good luck.