What are bottom dwellers?

In the ocean, what are bottom dwellers and surface dwellers? Examples?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Bottom dwellers refers to any species of animal or some other organism that lives on the sea floor. Examples include many species of crab, some fish like rock-fish, worms, sea slugs, sea snails. Surface dwellers would refer to more higher up fish on the food chain, or more large animals, such as sharks(most of them), dolphins, angelfish, most jellyfish, most other kinds of fish, and pretty much any aquatic animal that lives higher up.

• radich
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Bottom Dwellers

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are bottom dwellers?

In the ocean, what are bottom dwellers and surface dwellers? Examples?

Source(s): bottom dwellers: https://shortly.im/2why7
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awIaI

Sup Angel!! Ready for your trivia. Might not win.. I have a headache =[ Q1: Clean water, temp: 70-80 degrees, algae wafers, flakes, veggies ( cucumber, zucchini, etc.), good filtration, clean gravel. Q2: No, a pleco is a seasonal spawner. Q3: A cory catfish is a community fish. They like to be in a group of 4-6 with the same species. Q4: Yes, because cory catfish are usually at the bottom and a betta sometimes stays at the surface. Q5: Yes, plecos get aggresive whenaggressiveeding time and when sometimg bothesometimes (sometimes) Q6: No, a pleco cannot be in a coldwater tankcold water a pleco likes warm temperature. A pleco cannot be in a saltwater, because they live in rivers and can only survive in freshwater. Although they live in freshwater, they like to be in a acidic to neutral or slightly alkaline community. HOPE I WIN!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Haha, interesting way to present your question! A1) A tank of ten gallons or more, preferably more, as you'll need a school of them. A2) That depends on the breed/species and what they are housed with. A3) It's not so much loneliness as it is safety in numbers. They can be alone, but the stress of being on their own would shorten their life and possibly lead to disease. You'd also never really see them, they're cower in hiding. Having a group allows them to be comfortable enough to venture out and brave the tanks other inhabitants. A4) yes, betta's actually do quite well with most bottom dwellers. A ten gallon tank with one betta and 5 cory would be fine. A5) Not necessarily, but it really depends on the breed. Most healthy, well fed pleco will be fine with other fish. However, if starved, or faced with a dead or dying fish, they won't pass up the opportunity of a meal, they feed off the slime coat. Males can become aggressive towards similar looking fish as well, I have one high fin pleco who reacts aggressivelly towards my equal sized synodontis but ignores my eclipse cat. A6) Yes to freshwater, no to cold water (they can tolerate cooler temps, but they are a tropical fish after all and need/prefer to be warm) and no to salt. Cats and sucker fish don't tolerate high levels of salt. Best of Luck!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Bottom dwellers are species of animals (such as crabs) that live on the bottom and surface dwellers live at the surface or top of the ocean.

• 9 years ago

Stuff like crabs and lobsters

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.