Elsia asked in HealthOptical · 9 years ago

America's Best eyeglasses?

I'm thinking of doing its 2 Pairs of Glasses for $69.95 with Free Eye Exam.

Would you recommend this place?

Favorite Answer

You get what you pay for.

If you are buying CHEAP glasses, that's what you are going to get.

Places like America's Best function on quantity .... not quality. That's how they make their money and how they are able to sell 2 pairs of glasses and an eye exam for only $70. They get as many people in and out as possible.

Is the eye doctor there qualified? Yes, they had to pass all the same certification as any other doctor in the state. Are you getting a QUALITY eye exam? I would have to say that is questionable. And not the fault of the doctor, but the fault of the company they work for that basically dictates what they have to do.

If you were one of my family members, I would NEVER tell you to do to a plug-and-chug place like America's Best. Go to a private practice that is owned by the eye doctors who actually care about their patients and want to give the best eye health care possible too (plug and chug places care about selling glasses ..... not exploring the health of the eye ..... again, as dictated by the company). The customer service and quality of products you recieve at a private practice will be much better than a chain store.

Source(s): I am an eye doctor.

firstly, the Doc has the same qualifications as the next. However, like any profession, some are better than others.

Secondly, in order to make a profit, they purchase close out and really cheap frames for your lenses. They are going to try and upsell you with the frames and the lens add-ons. You usually do get what you pay for. If you are looking for the newest, latest and best, it is not the place to shop.

On the night of April 14, 1912 the RMS Titanic hit an iceberg in the Atlantic Ocean on her maiden voyage. on April 15, the ship was completely submerged. Of the 2,228 passengers and crew members on board, only 705 passengers survived.

http://www.bestglasseshome.com/

I don't know. But i heard that Firmoo.com offer free glasses. If you want to save money, you can try to get free glasses.