Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Is walking for 30 minutes on the treadmill ....?

A good way to start introducing exercise into your life style? I'm 190 pounds (very over weight obviously) so I can't do that much!! But I just walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.., 10 minutes @ 3mph, 10 min @ 3.4, 10 minutes @ 3.6

I get shin splints really really bad - is it bc I'm over weight???

Also how long should I keep walking like that?? How much should I walk & how fast!??

Do you all think it'd be possible to be 150 by may???

Favorite Answer

Anything is better than nothing!! Also, you should look into changing your eating habits. I would suggest cutting out ALL sugar, breads, pasta, rice, potatoes.... all things white. Eat lean meats, lots of veggies, and low carb fruits. There are many websites dedicated to low carb eating, and this way of eating will bring you lots of weight loss. I suggest the websites Livin' La Vida Low Carb, and Low Carb Friends. There are many podcasts to listen to, and great recipes for lots of ideas. This really works... and it is healthy too. Continue walking.... soon your shin splints will go away, and you will be able to walk farther and faster. I wish you all the best.

Yes i think its possible. Keep pushing yourself and increasing intensity. As soon as something gets comfortable increase intensity.

Also exercise is only about 40% of losing weight. The other 60% is diet. If you really want to lose weight you will probably drastically change your eating habits.