My best friend doesn't like me more than a friend?

But I confessed how much I like him the other day. He says he doesn't know if he likes me more than a friend but he wants to remain best friends. How am I supposed to get over him when I feel so stupid for telling him how I felt, and he still wants to talk everyday and do everything we usually do?

Favorite Answer

It will take time to get over him, but it will happen eventually if it isn't meant to be. Focus your attention on other guys, I always find the best way to get over someone is to start liking someone else as fast as possible (even if not the most ethical way...). Express an interest in other guys to him to perhaps see his reaction, because a lot of the time guys will chase after girls who don't want them - "we always want what we can't have". Don't dwell on him, there are plenty more fish in the sea. After all if you'd dated and then the relationship ended, you've lost your best friend too and that would leave you heartbroken. Hope everything sorts itself out. :)

Your actually lucky that he still wants everything to be how it was. In most situations like this, the guy would feel really awkward and wouldn't want to hang out anymore and the friendship would just fall apart.

The best thing to do is just continue being friends and try to find someone else to like.

dont feel stupid. guys dont think its funny when a girl confesses love. i was in a situation like this when a girl confessed to me but i just told her were better friends and were still friends. u cant force a guy to like u if he doesnt. just stay friends

you should stop being friend with him

because it will be so hard for you , you don't want him only friend you want more.

if i where you i'll go and tell him : i cant be your friend any more , i really like you , i can look to you as a friend , i don't wanna hurt more .....ETC