My boyfriend still doesnt have a job! Help?

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and a half and i love him a lot. He is 25 and i'm 20. He went to school but didnt go to college, he went to a school like college but not the same. He never had a stable job, he always went on and off with his jobs. In october we broke up because of this problem, but i agreed to go back to him when he promised that things will change and i told him if things didnt change till new years we will break up. On new years i didnt break up with him cuz his boss of his new future job told him that he will start in january, BUT its february now and he still didnt start! i know hes not lying but its just really tiring and whenever we go out i usually pay and he rarely does. AND hes 25! not 18!!! he has to have a job... i know its not his fault but its not mine either. i dont want to break up with him but i dont see where this relationship is going to! ( btw he treats me soooo well, and he loves me a lott!) But sometimes thats not enough for a relationship to work. how can i have a future with him if he doesnt have a job now?! Please help! i dont know wht to do.. Give me advice! thankssss

Favorite Answer

I think in your heart you know what you have to do. Ask yourself some questions, if i get pregnant will he support the child and me? will we be able to get ahead in life with him quiting he's jobs often. do i want a stable home life? These are the questions you have to ask yourself and be honest about.

Remember you have to have happiness and security in your life . I know quite a few woman who got pregnant and got stuck with a loser an ended up; leaving them in the end . The bad part of it is the child was in the middle of it ,

I think you both need to sit down and discuss this. He obviously needs to work, but for some reason has no motivation to. He's constantly switching jobs, which implys boredom or a problem with the workplace. While he is waiting for this company to start him off, he should be handing out more resumes as a back up in case this job falls through, which is starting to seem like it will. Maybe he should consider taking some college classes that he would be interested in, in order to get a job that he would feel more fulfilled at.

You need to accept that he's not an ambitious person and will probalby continue to have an inconsistent employment history. You cannot change him in to the man you want him to be. If you aren't happy, just break up and move on.

leave him :)