Brittany H asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Looking for someone to breed our dog with? But, Craiglist won't let me post. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your help!!! The two I rated successfully. I wasn't looking for anything but an answer to the question I asked. We have a English AKC registered Bulldog & are not looking to have him Nuetered. & I'm definately not ignorant when it comes to the possible outcomes of dog breeding. Thanks for your stupid answer. Difference between ignorance and stupidity!!! Look it up. lol About the dog population, ours isn't running rampid!

$1200 dollar dog. Family line Imported from Russia. Didn't think all that was necessary. If some would know how to answer a simple question without being rude. I've thought about contacting who we bought the dog from. I will do that next.. :) It just sucks that we can't breed brothers & sisters. LOL

Favorite Answer

If you are looking for a PERSON to breed your dog with, I suspect you are out of luck. If you are looking for a female of the same breed, then go back to the breeder you got your dog from and ask for their help. Join the National breed club for your breed; show your dog in show/obedience/performance venues and do all the genetic testing required and if your dog earns titles in various venues and is from a line of titled and tested ancestors and his genetic testing is okay, you will have people with females contacting you without advertising.

Source(s): 40+ years breeding, training and competing with dogs of various breeds.
  • Why do you want to breed more poorly bred dogs to crowd shelters? Just spay/neuter your dog and stop being a backyard breeder. If your dog was worth breeding then reputable breeders would be hounding you to breed their dogs with yours. Your dog is not breeding stock. It is a pet quality dog that should be treated as such.

Edit: I returned to this question and almost spit out my Pepsi. 1st of all its a BULLDOG not an English Bulldog. You don't even know the name of the breed yet you want to make more. No one cares how much your dog cost. If you want to have a competition then I have a $2000 pure bred cream Chow Chow from Champion lines. 7 generations of Champions, OFA tested Excellent just like her mother. Yet I still am not breeding her. Only reason she is not spayed is because she is going to be used for show. Your dog is nothing but a pet quality POS. Bulldogs are a breeds that almost always need a c-section.

Source(s): Dog owner, vet intern, vet tech student.

You should meet and network with REPUTABLE breeders through the shows and dog sporting events that you attend and through your involvement in local clubs and rescue organizations for your breed. Otherwise, I have serious doubts that your dog has been proven to be healthy and correct in temperament and type and so could be bred ethically.

Those you find through online websites will be, like yourself, ignorant of important pre-breeding tests of their stock - do you want to produce puppies that are blind, deaf, crippled, and have uncontrollable seizures? Or that are so poorly put together that they can barely make it above a walking pace? Or that have unstable temperaments and bite children and other dogs or live their lives cowering in fear at every sound? Do you know about screening for brucellocis? Did you know that it will cause the death of the ENTIRE litter just before or just after birth and result in both the sire and dam becoming sterile?

PLEASE find a local club for your breed and start your involvement there - this isn't about being "snotty show people" or anything, this is about having worked with too many dogs with serious health, type, and temperament problems that could have been prevented if people did a little research and found a support system of experienced breeders and a great vet BEFORE they decided to risk their female's life and disregard their responsibility towards the pups that they produce.

Start looking for a club near you here: http://www.akc.org/clubs/search/index.cfm?action=n...

Good luck, you clearly need it.

Its called going to dog shows and networking. If he was actually WORTH potentially breeding you'd be a member of the national and Local Bulldog clubs. You would be showing him, having his health clearances done etc.

only a complete idiot goes online looking for random bitches or studs to breed with. Hell do you even know how to evaluate a pedigree? Do you know what to look for in a ***** so the odds are in your favor of producing pups of the correct type?

There is a huge pet over population problem in many countries. Why contribute to it?

Yup. Spay/neuter your dog.

Post under 'WANTED' not 'PETS'/