crybaby asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

I only drink water but my urine is dark yellow?

I usually only drink milk juice and water but 2 days ago I stared drinking only water. For those two days my pee was a light yellow colour but this morning when I woke up and went to the washroom, my pee was dark yellow. Could it be because of the food I ate last night? I know that your pee isnt the colour of what you drink (for example if you drink fruit punch your pee wont be red) but I thought your pee is supposed to get lighter when you drink water...

• Jen
    Favorite Answer

The colour of your urine isn't so much related to WHAT you drink, it's HOW MUCH you drink. So if you drink less, your urine will be darker. If your urine is dark yellow today, it means you need to drink more.

If you understood how your kidneys filter water it would be a lot easier to explain. your urine is going to be a lot darker in the morning because all during the night, your kidneys were pulling the water out if it to be used in your body since you obviously werent drinking water throughout the night. dark urine in the morning is fine, but any time other than that can be unhealthy. drink enough water so your urine is a pale pale yellow.

• ?

unless you,re drinking a minimum of 64 oz. of water; your pee will be darker. i had to learn this lesson the hard way. those other products won,t make up for a lack of water. drink them, by all means. just add the 64 oz. of water. your kidneys will thank you, as will your colon.

Source(s): i,ve been dehydrated. water is the key.

First morning urine is usually dark. Drink plenty of fliuds throughout the day & it will get much clearer.

may be take u some medicine due to which urine colour is yellow, vitamin c tab. also lead this and some time food contain vit c specially higher than other vit. and vit c is water soluble vit.

avoid junk food.

keep drinking water 4 liters a day.

yup it should be lighter.