This boy makes me feel rubbish now. Facebook.?

Basically, I requested to be this boys friend on Facebook - he's in Year 11 at my school, whilst I am in Year 9. And one of my friends told me yesterday that he saw the boys status was 'Got a friend request from __________, No Way! She's an ugly f*****.

When I heard about it, I was really upset. I mean, we don't know each other personally, but I've seen him around school a few times. But I don't see why he had to put it as his status, where all his friends could see? My brother included, I'm guessing. Also, I don't see how he has to judge me by looks, not personality.

But it just really upset me, and it has knocked my confidence quite a bit, and now I feel rubbish. I've only told a couple of my friends but, I don't want to tell anyone else, and you're probably going to think I sound like a right weirdo for getting upset over this, but it's embarrassing. What should I do?

Jess xx

Favorite Answer

It might sound harsh, but I mean in it in a way to help.

Just totally disregard what has been said. I mean, if he says something like that, he's not someone you'd want to be friends with (real life, or Facebook).

Imagine the other things he'd say about other people etc? Things you wouldn't wanna read and you could easily find offensive and possibly comment on, starting a fight and could get abused via wall post, comments or inbox by this guy or his friends.

Remember, only your friends opinions matter.

Unfortunately Jess, some people try to elevate themselves by putting others down.

Ignore this guy. He sound like a real jackass.

As you said he judges by looks not personality which makes him shallow.

Find someone better

There are many boys wish if they can chat with u ignore him he will come running after u one day and u have the upper hand. cheer up

Ook, I see your pain just unfriendly him then there's nothing else you can quiet do.