two positives and now a negative?

Yesterday I took two pregnancy tests and the were both very faintly positive. Then a few hours later took another and its neg. what gives

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If they are all the same brand of test then yeah, it could be the different levels of hormone tested. If you are using different brands of tests, they could test for different levels and the one that came back negative needs a higher amount than the 2 that came back positive. Test again first thing in the morning with a early results test that tests for 20-25 instead of some that tests for 40 units of HcG. If you're still worried after that, a blood test from the doctor will let you know for sure. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

False Positive's Can Happen To The Poster Who Said It Can't. There Rare & Usually A Positive Mean's Positive But Not Alway's. Take Another Test In A Couple Day's Or Go In For A Blood Test. That'll Give Ya A Better Answer Sweety.

• 9 years ago

If you are just barely able to tell by a test then consider the fact that the hormone is the strongest in your first morning urine. Its possible that you got a negative because either A. The test is messed up OR B. The urine didnt have as much of the HCG hormone in it. I personally think its B, but get another test and try with your first morning urine and then follow up with a blood test at the doctor.

Source(s): 38 weeks pregnant with #2
  • M
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Your urine probably wasn't concentrated enough. Even after a missed period a lot of women can't get positives until a week late unless using first morning urine. You can go about 4 hours without drinking anything or using the bathroom and let your urine get a little concentrated and then test but first morning urine is still probably more accurate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

your 1st 2 test may have contained more of the hcg which detects pregnancy, and the 3rd a few hours later may have been diluted through drinking and didn't contain as much hcg, if you took another one tomorrow morning you will get another positive, but 2 positives means your pregnant x

Source(s): pregnant no 4
  • 9 years ago

Why did Jayden's mama capitalize every word in her answer? Haha! That's funny.

Anyway... Like everyone else said it is probably because there wasn't enough hcg in your urine a few hours later. Try again in the morning.

• 9 years ago

There can be a faulse negative but never a faulse positive

• 9 years ago

That happened to me when I had a miscarriage

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.