Making a sentence parallel?

I am trying to make a sentence parallel and for some reason nothing I am typing looks right to me. I think I have typed this like 15 times. I wrote this paper 3 years ago so it is not fresh in my mind which I think is part of the problem. I know this sounds dumb but this paper is part of what decides if I get my teaching license or not so I need it to sound good. Like I said it just looks weird to me and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?? It is from a paper about the Salem Witch Trials.

Sentence:

I am going to tell about some torture devices used, some of the interesting image from this period, some general information about the witch trials, an example of authors and literature form this era, some information about specific trials, and what lead to the end of the witch trials.

Thanks for any suggestions you all can give. I feel like a complete moron getting stuck on this.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It basically is parallel construction, although you have a few other small problems. Here's a correction:

I am going to describe some torture devices used, some of the interesting images (Do you mean pictures? If not, use a more specific word.) from this period, some general information about the witch trials, an example (Do you mean 1 example or more than 1? And I'm sure you don't mean an example of authors. Why not just say "examples of literature....") of authors and literature from this era, information about specific trials, and what lead to the end of the witch trials.

I am going to tell about some torture devices, interesting images, general information, and specific trials during this era. I will also tell about some of the authors and literature during this period, as well as how the witch trials came to an end.

Don't feel like a moron.. that's a lot of info to combine into a couple sentences haha

Hope this helps

There are many places where plays may be performed, including ... ... ...