Can there be something else in black holes?

I know to most people black hole is scary and deadly. I have this kind of obsession lately about black holes. What if it's a portal, like, we can go somewhere else. Or if there is another parallel universe in there. I know black holes don't have any exit door, but just what if. we do not know what's really in there. It's just fascinating how the law of physics just don't apply there. Time stops, it sucks light. Although i know gravity is so strong there, it would torn us to infinite pieces. but i am no scientist, i learn this stuff from school so maybe someone know, what do you think is inside a black hole?

Update:

what if we are in a black hole. that the entire universe is a black hole! sorry, i'm just a curious kid.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Zardoz
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just because we can't see what's going on on the other side of the horizon doesn't mean physics doesn't handle it with aplomb. It is inside the singularity that our common physics breaks down, not inside the black hole. There is nothing that distinguishes the two immediate sides of a black hole except 3[8] m/s < escape velocity <3[8]. It is the differential tidal forces between the near and far side of the object that doom it to spaghettification. With a large enough black hole and a small enough object the crossing of the event horizon wouldn't be recognized. Two people falling into the black hole together would still be saying,

"Dude, this is going to suck."

"Yo, Homey, you ain't sh1tten."

"Think again, Dude."

This wouldn't be a long lasting conversation. In a hundred-billion solar mass hole they'd only have a few minutes before they did get close enough to the singularity for the tidal forces to be felt and then seconds at best before the tidal force gets large enough to rend them. This is neglecting the radiation of course, which would have converted them to plasma long before they got anywhere near the horizon. But in an absolutely empty universe where the black hole didn't even have light to blueshift (remember which side of the emitter we're on) you'd not even know you were falling into a black hole until the tidal effects took hold.

We aren't inside a black hole now. There isn't enough mass within the visible universe to achieve the density necessary for it to be a black hole. And, ironically, the stuff on the other side of the 3[8] m/s < expansion velocity <3[8] is just as much sealed off from us as the stuff on the other side of 3[8] m/s < escape velocity <3[8]. It is one of the reasons that we know the physic inside a black hole is knowable up to the singularity. The Copernican principle implies that there are no special observers. The observers at the edge of our visible universe don't see their universe ending a mile down the road. What they see is their universe extending off in all directions for 13.7 billion light-years just as we do. It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's a good jumping off point. (No pun intended)

If one wishes to imagine that there is something constructive going on inside a black hole they are certainly welcome to. They are building a universe base on ignorance rather than knowledge. But then why go to the trouble of looking to a black hole. Have a friend give you a small sealed up box and not tell you what's inside of it. Well, if you don't know it could be a giraffe.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ: I'm promoting this as a convention. I encourage you all to join me. It's fast, it's fun and it's free.
  • 9 years ago

Black Holes are simply highly compressed matter which consequently have incredible mass for their size and generate incredibly power gravitational forces as a result.

Inside a black hole are the various sub-atomic particles that make up atoms crushed togther with very little empty space between them. Normally, atoms are virtually all empty space - they have been likened to a fly in a football stadium where the fly is the nucleus and the furthest seats are the electrons and all the rest is simply "nothing". All that happens in a black hole is that the electrons and the various particles that make up the nucleus are compressed, eliminating the empty space between them.

This means that you can cram an awful lot of matter into a very small volume.

There is no "portal", "wormhole", "gateway to a parallel universe" or any of that idiotic science fiction stuff, just matter.

Black Holes aren't scary - just fascinating. If the Sun became a black hole right now, the only thing that would happen to the Earth would be that it would become very cold. The mass of the Sun would be the same - and therefore the gravity it generates would be the same. Therefore the Earth would continue in orbit just the same. It wouldn't be "sucked in" (because that would require more gravity that the solar mass can generate).

• 9 years ago

Curiosity is good, but a black hole is the warping of space caused by the mass that it contains and it is not a portal, indeed no one knows what exactly goes on inside a black hole and modern physics cannot fully understand but this only means we need a new kind of mathematics to try to understand what goes on inside.

Maybe you are thinking of a wormhole where theoretically you can travel from one point in the universe to another.

Yes some theoretical scientist believe that it is a possibility that the universe is a black hole.

• 9 years ago

By the wave/particle duality of quantum mechanics, light can be regarded as both a wave and a particle. Under the theory that light is made up of waves, it was not clear how it would respond to

gravity. But if light is composed of particles, one might expect them to be affected by gravity in the same way that cannonballs, rockets, and planets are. At first people thought that particles of light traveled infinitely fast, so gravity would not have been able to slow them down, but the discovery by Roemer that light travels at a finite speed meant that gravity might have an important effect. On this assumption, a Cambridge don, John Michell, wrote a paper in 1783 in the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London in which he pointed out that a star that was sufficiently massive and compact would have such a strong gravitational field that light could not escape: any light emitted from the surface of the star would be dragged back by the star’s gravitational attraction before it could get very far. Michell suggested that there might be a large number of stars like this. Although we would not be able to see them because the light from them would not reach us, we would still feel their gravitational attraction. Such objects are what we now call black holes, because that is what they are: black voids in space.

The gravitational field of the star changes the paths of light rays in space-time from what they would have been had the star not been present. The light cones, which indicate the paths followed in space and time by flashes of light emitted from their tips, are bent slightly inward near the surface of the star. This can be seen in the bending of light from distant stars observed during an eclipse of the sun. As the star contracts, the gravitational field at its surface gets stronger and the light cones get bent inward more. This makes it more difficult for light from the star to escape, and the light appears dimmer and redder to an observer at a distance. Eventually, when the star has shrunk to a certain critical radius, the gravitational field at the surface becomes so strong that the light cones are bent inward so much that light can no longer escape.

According to the theory of relativity, nothing can travel faster than light. Thus if light cannot escape, neither can anything else; everything is dragged back by the gravitational field. So one has a set of events, a region of space-time, from which it is not possible to escape to reach a distant observer. This region is what we now call a black hole.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Within black holes lie the underlying fabric of space as it is distorted by extreme gravity in a spiral into inner-dimension space. This forces all energy falling into it, as the energy disintegrates, farther into deep inner-dimensional space. Black holes are not for traveling they are for starting the recycling process of the universe. If any matter ventures too close to a stellar or super black hole it will be disintegrated or broken up and down to its energy particles. Getting too close to a black hole is like getting too close to a volcano that acts like a whirlpool and whirlwind. They lead to destruction, and decomposition so to speak. Have you ever seen a garbage disposal in a kitchen sink? That would be what would happen if you fell into a black hole. Within deep inner-dimensional space there lies an energy or particle reservoir where all particles are compressed similar to a trash compactor. Within the particle reservoir particle fusion (combining, blending and melting into one) takes place for recycling back into space. Nothing comes out the way it was before going in, just like the food you eat. It goes in as food but comes out as fertilizer (nutrients) for the soil. Matter goes in as energy but comes out as different energy, also to produce new matter.

Source(s): I am an Intermediate Biblical Cosmologist
  • 9 years ago

To be honest, I don't know anyone who is scared of or obsessed by the idea of black holes.

It would be like being afraid of Jupiter. If you went to Jupiter you would be crushed by its gravity, and poisoned by its atmosphere. But no one can go to Jupiter to experience those things, and Jupiter isn't going to leap out of its orbit to menace us here on Earth.

So yeah, the forces generated by a black hole are massive. But they are unapproachable by us, not directly observable, and we can certainly NEVER see inside one to find this alternate universe you are proposing might exist there. So there's little point in obsessing over it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Black Holes are the most mysterious space object, we have no idea if they just destroy everything that goes in or if it acts as a wormhole between galaxies or maybe even universes. Unfortunately we will never know in our lifetime as the closest of black holes wouldn't even be able to be reached within hundreds of years worth of technology

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I tend to agree with you. I think a black hole is an inter-dimensional switch.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.