What are some cheap but High quality video cameras?

I am 14 years old and love to film. Since I am only 14 years old, I don't have any good video camera. So, I am looking for some video cameras which are high quality such as HD and not too expensive. I dont mean CHEAP but I want it to be a reasonable price.

• TECH
    Favorite Answer

cheap and high quality aren't two words you will hear together with camera's bu the closest you will get is the svp camera's and some of the sanyo camera's , they aren't flash , but they definitely are good enough for the money ..

Source(s): svpcam.com

I agree with tech,

cheap and high quality don't go together, I wish they would I would not have to spend thousands of $/£ to buy my equipment, BUT

Decide on what you can afford, obviously important, and then read some reviews on cameras in your budget, find out what will be best for you it maybe a few, then have a look at them go to your local camcorder shops/stores and get you have on them, play a little, also it could be a question which feels more comfortable, can you reach all the controls, a tiny camera in someone who has large hands will not be best or the other way around.

Dont worry about effects they are useless, far better to add them when you edit the video. Zoom only consider optical zoom, forget digital zoom it only reduces the quality.

Half the fun of getting the right camera is finding it, spend some time deciding, ask loads of questions, dont rush into getting one as you are on a limited budget (assume you are buying it yourself).

Make sure your computer will handle HD video, (editing and playing) if you have friends with HD cameras, copy some video to your computer and try to play it and then editing it, if it does not play smoothly, or its hard to edit audio and video not synced, then you have a problem with your computer it needs to be faster. Or you may have to stick wit a non HD camera

I wish you luck,

RR

Source(s): Cameraman

Consumer level HD camcorders have 4 problems. 1) Blurry, fuzzy, out of focus areas closely around people in videos taken by consumer level HD camcorders. 2) Any movement, even a wave or lifting an arm, while in front of a recording consumer level HD camcorder, results in screen ghosts and artifacts being left on the video track, following the movement. Makes for bad video, sports videos are unwatchable. 3) These Consumer level HD camcorders all have a habit of the transferred to computer files are something you need to convert, thus losing your HD quality, to work with your editing software. 4) Mandatory maximum record times - 1 hour, 30 minutes, 8 minutes, 3 minutes – four different times advertised as maximum record time for some consumer level HD camcorders. No event I have ever been to is that short. Either take multiple camcorders or pack up with out getting the end of the event on video. Consumer level HD camcorders interpolate the video. This means they take one frame, make up the next 4 or 5 frames, take a frame and repeat this, over and over, for the remainder of the video, every video it takes is like this. With a MiniDV tape camcorder, record 60 or 90 minutes ( camcorder settings), 90 seconds or less to change a tape and record for 60 or 90 more and repeat till you run out of tapes.

You can get a Canon ZR960 for $250. It is a MiniDV tape camcorder, has a MIC jack. You will need a Firewire (IEEE1394) card ($25 to 30) for the computer and a Firewire cable (less than 10) to be able to transfer video to your computer. To say this is not HD, think about this. It would cost in excess of $3500 to get a HD camcorder that could equal the video Quality of a $250 Canon MiniDV tape camcorder.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/ca...