Are Jehovah's Witnesses misunderstood or are they faulty?
With their timely publications and preaching work, it seems something's still wrong. Are christians to be like-minded? Is isolation biblical?
- ?Lv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Definitely misunderstood, but this is not one bit surprising, since Jesus was persecuted as well and he did say that who ever follows in his footsteps must be prepared to be persecuted too. In fact he further went on to say that people will know his followers, because they will be hunted down and hated!!
The something still wrong, is that despite all the hatred and lies said about us, we are stronger than ever and for those who do not care for us, will certainly see this as all wrong!!
Christians SHOULD be like-minded in their belief but isolation - how one can say this is beyond me when we go around knocking on strange peoples' doors, is laughable actually. However, it can appear that we set apart, because we speak a unique language that "outsiders" do not know and we would rather associate together, than those who are not of our faith. And yet the funny thing is that this wonderful privilege is not for a chosen few - crumbs if that were the case, I would most certainly not be a witness, considering how unspecial I am! So this is open to every single person on this planet, but it is up to them, whether to want to or not and that is not our fault if they choose the opposite.
- 9 years ago
It depends on what standard is used to make the judgment.
If it is just personal opinion or doctrinal differences, some people may consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be "faulty."
But if the standard for judgment is God's Word, the Holy Bible, then No, Jehovah's Witnesses are not faulty, but are people who stick close to the Scriptures in belief and practice.
That might be misunderstood by those who do not know what the Bible teaches.Source(s): Common sense
- lilAngelLv 79 years ago
Signs of a cult.:
1. Absolute authoritarianism without accountability. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry. JWs yes
2. No financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement. JWs-yes
3 .Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions. JWs-yes (Armageddon)
4.There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong, negative or even evil for having left. JWs-yes
5. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances. Yes
6. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the organization. Yes-child sexual abuse
7. Followers feel they can never be "good enough". Adherents say that they don't ever feel like they are living up to the organization's demands. True
8. The organization is always right. Questioning is equated to questioning God. True
19. The organization is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is acceptable or credible. Salvation cannot be reached any other way. Yes
10. Mind control-no questioning of doctrines is allowed. They must agree completely. Yes
11. Leaving the cult they will lose everything, friends, family, and lives. They are disfellowshipped and disassociated and other members can not talk to them or they too will face the same thing. Yes-disfellowshipping and shunning.
12. Isolation from Society. They can face disfellowshipping for socializing with wordly people. They do not participate in sports, government, etc. JWs-yes, do not serve in military, do not vote, salute the flag. etc.
13. They teach false prophecies.Yes, yes,yes!
14. They go beyond the Scriptures. They use books other than the bible, or in addition to the Bible. Yes-Watchtower and Awake!
15. The leadership of the organization lies or 'spins' the truth..Yes
16.They do not operate on the basis of biblical principles where matters are open to ordinary persons. They are secretive about money, decisions, etc. Yes
17. They fail to give proper quotations for sources, quote out of context, and put forward ideas which are utterly bizarre. Yes-extreme overuse of the word 'pagan'.
18.Their translation of the Bible contains intentional mistranslations. YES!!! John 1:1-addition of the word 'a' thereby demotiong Jesus to being 'merely created'.
19. They ignore the clear biblical instructions in James and other parts of the New Testament to carry on works of love such as caring for widows, orphans, and their fellow humans. Yes!
20. They believe they are saved through works rather than faith. Absolutely!
21.They do not take communion. Only the supposed 144,00, only once a year
22. They are told that they are not members of the body of Christ. Yes-not part of 'Christendom'.
23. They are not born again. For sure!
24. They do not believe that the Holy Spirit is God. He is considered to be an 'impersonal force, God' power emmanating for Heaven'. Members are not Spirit directed. JWs-yes, this is one of their primary teachings.
25.They are notorious for their roles in marriage breakdowns and in child custody cases. Yes.
26. The group leadership denies the Trinity. Definitely! Because the English word 'trinity' is not in the bible, they ignore the dozens of references to "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit"
27. The group denies the deity of Jesus Christ, teaching that Jesus is a created being. Yes, they teach that Jesus is God's first created being, due to a mis-translation of Colossians 1:15, and the addition of the word 'a' in John 1:1
- MelchizedekLv 69 years ago
I say each to there own, however, the only 'fault' I can see is that they are to 'pushy;' if indeed one sees that as a fault, which I do.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous9 years ago
They like to preach that Catholism is Wrong & they mock the Pope thats why nobody likes them.
- 9 years ago
first of all, they don't take time to look into things for themselves. like how their "translation" screws up loads of verses from original texts. John 1:1, ahem! Also, His Name is Yahweh. His Name is not Jehovah. I have studied Hebrew to some extent. Jehovah is broken up into two halves in Hebrew--Yah and hovah. Yah is Yahweh's nickname (used in several places in the Bible). Hovah means calamity, cursings, and destruction. When you say Jehovah, you are literally cursing Yahweh. Disgusting!!!Source(s): Yeshua
- yesmarLv 79 years ago
They are like every other sect of Christianity, they have some truth right, they have some wrong.
- 9 years ago
Honestly, im a christian but i've never heard of them...LOLSource(s): Answer mine please!?!: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...
- 9 years ago
They're very faulty. They're not Christians.