how to tell if my mine craft server is available to others?
i made a minecraft classic server and it works for me but how do i know if others can use it?
please respond soon.
- ChrisLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Ask someone you know or us on Y! To Test it by logging in.
► Create A Proper Minecraft Server ◄ (Without Crappy Hamachi)
► Port Forwarding:
You Have to get the Make off the router & Model number then Google them..
Example: Netgear Wgr5643 minecraft port forwarding tutorial.
You need to figure out how to:
1) Gain access to the Router's Configuration By entering the Router IP..
Into Your Web Browser's Address Bar, Then you need to Login Using..
The Username & Password That should be on the Bottom of the Router.
2) Locate Your Internal IP Address As thats the IP You Use To Port Forward.
3) Port Forward To Ports:
Starting port: 25565
Ending port: 25565
4) Give the IP Found here to Anyone you want to Join -> http://www.whatsmyip.org/
( You Connect Using.. LocalHost - If on same Computer )
► Add Firewall Exceptions:
A Firewall exception is allowing an application past your Computer's Firewall.
There is a Built in Windows Firewall but alot of anti-viruses have their own.
Windows Firewall Tutorial -> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-f...
If You dont use Windows Firewall You need to figure out how to add a exception..
For which ever Anti-Virus/Firewall you do have. Some Good ones below:
You need to add Firewall Exceptions for These three application's.
1) Javaw.exe (Location: C:\Program Files (86)\Java\JRE6\bin)
2) Minecraft.exe (Game Executable - Location: Wherever you put it)
2) Minecraft_Server.exe (Server Executable - Location: Wherever you put it)
Hope it helps :)
- Anonymous9 years ago
Get somebody to test if they can login to it??
It will not work unless you port forward the port 25565 TCP/UDP in your router settings, also your Internet security program's firewall is most probably blocking people from connecting, so you will either have to turn off the firewall, or make a rule that the people you want to connect (your friends?) can connect by allowing their IP address to access your PC through port 25565.
Hope this helps,