Catholics, A Rosary Question?

I have a slight problem> Meaning a large collection of useless rosaries (I say useless because I dont use them). I really intend to use one particular rosary> so I go to a shop look at one and buy it> 1 week later I realise its not comfortable for me, so I dont use it. This happened over and over, so I accumulated a massive collection of rosaries all shapes and sizes BUT still I dont have a single one that I can use comfortably.

The last one I bought is relatively good, except that the chain in between the beads, hurt my fingers. So im considering (for the last time) buying 1 last wooden rosary, which would hopefully work.

Question 1) Since I have so many rosaries, which I dont need, what should I do with them? Should I give them to a church or something?

Question 2) Any recomendations on finding a simple rosary that I could actually use?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Lucien

I

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Daver
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

<<Catholics, A Rosary <snip> dont use them).>>

So start using them.

<<I really intend to use one particular rosary> so I go to a shop look at one and buy it>>

Why buy yet another "useless" Rosary? What's wrong with the rosaries in your "collection"?

<<1 week later I realise its not comfortable for me, so I dont use it.>>

It's not comfortable? Meaning what, exactly?

<<This happened over <snip> can use comfortably.>>

What do you mean "use comfortably"? All you have to do is hold it. Is it really that uncomfortable merely holding a Rosary?

<<The last one <snip> would hopefully work.>>

HOW did the chain "hurt" your fingers?

<<Question 1) Since I <snip> church or something?>>

Yes. You can bring them to Church and leave them in the vestibule (the area between the entrance and the big room with the pews and altar. There will be a shelf or small table somewhere in there, where you could leave your Rosaries for others to take.

<<Question 2) Any recomendations on finding a simple rosary that I could actually use?>>

Did you ever consider trying to use with WITHOUT actually holding it?

<<Please advise, Thanks, Lucien>>

I'm dying of curiosity. I would just love to know what's so painful about holding a Rosary!

I presume you have some sort of medical condition, arthritis or something like that, which could be painful. Like I said, maybe you could just lay the Rosary down in front of you and use it without having to hold it.

Truth be told, you don't even have to use a Rosary to 'do the Rosary'.

You could use pocket change instead. For example, the pennies could be the Hail Mary beads, nickels could be your Our Father beads, a quarter could represent the crucifix, etc.

Do you have anything that IS comfortable to hold that could be used as a makeshift Rosary? You could do that.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Question 1) Since I have so many rosaries, which I dont need, what should I do with them? Should I give them to a church or something? That's actually a good idea to give them to the church. Otherwise just burn them or bury them that is the propper way to dispose of Sacramentals such as Rosaries.

Question 2) Any recomendations on finding a simple rosary that I could actually use? Ask someone at the Catholic store you go to they should know.

• 9 years ago

1. You can donate all those rosaries to a Catholic charity or your parish. Somebody wants them!

2. If the wooden rosary doesn't work, try a knotted one made of cord. There might be somebody in your area who makes them for the military, and then you can have a custom-made one using some sort of smooth cord that doesn't hurt your fingers.

• 9 years ago

DUMP THEM

Lcien ROSARIES ( Praying prayers on them to God or Saints They are Rosaaries ( Roses for Mary) are Not Biblical and Praying on Them? is unblibilical Too

or Praying Through Them

Greek Orthodox First Katholikos ( Universal) Apostolic Christian

Of the First Greek Testmant, Greek Ancient Scriptures and All

Ancient Documents ( FOR ALL)

IC XC NIKA

Kyrie Eleison

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Matt
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Donate them. It would be a beautiful gesture.

Ask your Priest and fellow parishoners 4 advice.

Source(s): Proud Roman Catholic
  • 9 years ago

put them all in a bag and throw them away and pray to God...just you without an accessory...

God doesnt need or want you to use a rosary.....just go to Him

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Praying on Rosary is a sin.It is idolization

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.