Dirt Bike VS ATV Saftey, Please HELP!!?

Hello, im 15, and I've been riding atv's for probably 10 years. About 2 years ago i got the racing bug. i started making a track at my house and timed myself and raced with friends. Im on a raptor 250se now, and i think I'm actually pretty good at riding. I want to get the new Yamaha WR250F and both of... show more Hello, im 15, and I've been riding atv's for probably 10 years. About 2 years ago i got the racing bug. i started making a track at my house and timed myself and raced with friends. Im on a raptor 250se now, and i think I'm actually pretty good at riding. I want to get the new Yamaha WR250F and both of my parents said no due to safety reasons. I really want a bike because i can learn to do so much more on it.( jumps and stuff thats hard to do on an atv). Can the dirt bikers and atv'ers of yahoo answers help explain the safety differences and what is recommended? Id like to show them your answers so they can see real people's opinions.

P.S. About a year and a half ago i hit something on my avt and it rolled over forwards on top of me when i was going about 50mph. i hurt my shoulder and i had a cut/imprint of the goggles on my forehead from the force of the atv sandwiching my against the ground. It took a month or so for my shoulder to be as it should.

Thanks!!,
Anthony