Muslims: Does your religion stop you from believing in horoscopes, signs, astrology, etc?

So let's say there was a psychic at a party who had such accuracy with their predictions and wasn't charging you anything, would you go to them for a little while?

The ONLY way you're going to get picked best answer is if you answer these questions too:

What age are you? What gender are you?

Are you Muslim? What country (of origin) are you from?

What country are you living in?

Thanks so much.

Favorite Answer

My age : 64

My gender : Male.

I am a Muslim.

My country : I am an Indian still living in India.

Astrology was my hobby when I was young i.e. from 17 years to 27 years of age and I believed that astrology and what astrologists predict are true. I studied astrology from the book "What the stars fortell" written by Jupiter (a Muslim-a Christian convert) and learnt to draw horoscopes and how to predict future events through Indian astrology. Meanwhile, I came to know through Islamic lectures that Allah (SWT) only knows what will happen in the future. Still I continued the hobby knowing that Allah (SWT) only knows the future. When I was 27 years old, I came across a hadith (narration from the Prophet (SAW) that whoever goes to a soothsayer and asks him about something and believes him, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days. Thereafter, I stopped the hobby and repented to Allah (SWT) for forgiveness.

If there is a psychic/astrologer/sooth-sayers at a party who had such accuracy with his predictions and is not charging me anything, I will not go to him for a little while.

Islam does prevent us from believing in horoscopes and astrology. If theres a psychic i wouldnt go even if she was "accurate." It would only have been a coincidence for her to be accurate. Did u know that there are more than 10 million other people who have the same birthday as u? So is it possible for me and the other 10 million people to have the same luck as horoscopes claim? Of course not.

The reason Islam prevents us from believing in horoscopes and to asking a pscychic is because no one knows what is hidden except Allah swt.

Im really not interested in getting BA! But I am Muslim from Palestine! :)

I'm 20, Female, Muslim, Indonesia.

I don't and I'm not allowed to believe in horoscopes, astrology, etc.

It's better to live my life without knowing what will happen in the future. I just believe that Allah will give me the best. Besides, I love my life full of surprise.

Well, YESTERDAY is a HISTORY, TODAY is a GIFT, TOMORROW is a DREAM.

6, male

Muslim, Falkland Islands

Mongolia

Yes, believing in horoscope is completely forbidden in Islam..

But I have seen horny and desperate Muslim teens and housewives believing in horoscope coz they cant control their hormones and want to find their "soul mate" (soul crap)

----

Psychics are FRAUDS, so yeah i would go to the party coz I love EXPOSING people

Source(s): Live in USA , don't care about best answer

There are many ahaadeeth which state that this is haraam, such as the hadeeth narrated from Safiyah bint Abi ‘Ubayd from one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who narrated that he said: “Whoever goes to a soothsayer and asks him about something and believes him, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Some people asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about soothsayers. He said, ‘They are nothing.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, sometimes they say something and it comes true.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘That is a word of truth that the jinn snatches and whispers into the ear of his familiar, but they mix a hundred lies with it.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

It was narrated that Mu’aawiyah ibn al-Hakam said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, I am still close to the time of Jaahiliyyah [i.e., I am new in Islam]. Allaah has brought Islam to us, but there are among us men who go to soothsayers (fortune tellers).’ He said, ‘Do not go to them.’

(Narrated by Muslim).

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever comes to a soothsayer and believes what he says, has nothing to do with that which has been revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

Horoscopes and palmistry don't fit my mentality

I put my trust only in Allah!

im bored =__=