Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 years ago

Who do you think is going to win the 2012 elections?

I'm from Canada, so I can't really vote, but I am profoundly interested in both Canadian and American politics. I'm personally rooting for Ron Paul as he seems to be the only truly educated out of the bunch, and is a liberal such as myself. Realistically though, how do you think he will fare?

Favorite Answer

Ron Paul is not a Liberal; he is a Conservative Libertarian.

A more traditional Republican, if you will.

As for the GOP Primaries, it is going to boil down to a two-man race between Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

Rick Santorum has no money and no organization. He will be the next to go.

Newt has too much baggage. It's only a matter of time until it drags him under.

I have to say that Ron Paul has a better chance at the Nomination than Romney. He has virtually no baggage. Not to mention he has very strong support in Ohio, Texas and California; all very important states in the nomination process.

In a General Election between Romney and Obama, I have to say Obama will win. Obama has way too much ammunition and Mitt only has the support of the Republicans; you NEED INDEPENDENTS TO WIN THE PRESIDENCY!

In a General Election between Paul and Obama, Paul will win. He stands completely apart from Obama and truly represents the people. Obama has a plastic pellet to use against the Texas Congressman.

40% of the Country is Independent. A recent poll out showed Paul did better with Independents than ANY OTHER CANDIDATE, including the Incumbent President. He also has a Liberal AND Conservative fan base.

Source(s): Despite my name, I only answer questions as unbiased and factual as I possibly can.

Ron Paul is not liberal. He is a libertarian. There is a difference...a BIG difference. Ron Paul has no chance in winning because people are retarded. It will come down to Romney vs Obama and Obama will most likely win again, unfortunately.

I want Ron Paul to win, insha'allah. If he's doesn't win the republican nomination, then Obama is definitely going to win the 2012 election.

If Gingrich is the Republican nominee, Obama would win hands down no problem. If Romney or Paul is the nominee, it will be a very close election. It's still way too early to tell, but it isn't to early to say that Obama would beat Gingrich. Check these out. They may answer your question.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/presi...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/signal/likelihood-demo...

Ron Paul the only educated one out of the bunch? Even the slimeball Newt Gingrich was a university professor, for cryin' out loud! President Obama will win re-election...and he has a law degree. We like youse canucks, but jeez, you can be awfully dense at times. Go have a beer on me and pay attention to your own politics, eh? Hey! Keep yer paws off my Guinness!

i would really like to see ron paul win. regardless if we wins or not, ron paul running for gop nomination is good because he is spreading the message of liberty and he is also waking people up.

Obama will win.