Purchasing a house on 50k salary?

Hello, I was wondering what kinda housing I could buy making 50k a year. I have a 50k down payment and make about 3500 per month. I have no kids and my car is payed for. How difficult would it be to keep up on payments with a 225k house? Living in Montana. I don't want any apartment/town home answer. I am just... show more Hello, I was wondering what kinda housing I could buy making 50k a year. I have a 50k down payment and make about 3500 per month. I have no kids and my car is payed for. How difficult would it be to keep up on payments with a 225k house? Living in Montana. I don't want any apartment/town home answer. I am just simply wondering how this would play out. IF I did end up purchasing I would not want to move for a very long time. Thank you for your input!
Update: BTW I have NO debts! College is payed for and I'm a smart spender with the card If this helps.