Which Hummus is better, Israeli Hummus or Lebanese Hummus?

I was watching an episode of Hung last night and the episode of the Israeli & Lebanese customers was hilarious, especially when they put the protagonist against the wall on Hummus. I found it just funny, cute and downright sexy, LOL. But when the Lebanese lady claimed that Hummus was of Lebanese origin and the only... show more I was watching an episode of Hung last night and the episode of the Israeli & Lebanese customers was hilarious, especially when they put the protagonist against the wall on Hummus. I found it just funny, cute and downright sexy, LOL. But when the Lebanese lady claimed that Hummus was of Lebanese origin and the only true way to prepare Hummus was Lebanon Hummus and not a weak Israeli attempt I just could not wait to compare both types of Hummus to get down to the bottom of it. And when the Israeli lady found a bowl of Arabic Hummus in the guys fridge she was outraged, LOL! “What are you doing with this in your house? This is Arab Hummus, Arabs can’t make Hummus worth a damn! You want Hummus you come to me and taste true Hummus not this second rate crap! You think this is funny? (She threw the Arab Hummus in the trash) Get yourself straight!” I laughed so much I went out to get both types of Hummus to try them out but the only Hummus around here is made in either San Francisco or New York. Knowing food you have to have it from the original country to get the true flavor of it. Has anyone out there had Hummus directly from Israel or Lebanon? And can you give your opinion of the two? I am truly curious to find out which is the better of the two or at least understand the difference of the two. Thank you.
12 answers 12