Is 5'2" tall for a 9 year old girl?

My little sister is nine and a half years old and is 5'2. She seems really tall compared to her friends who are the same age (which she thinks is pretty cool).

• dakky
    Best Answer

Not freakishly.

I'm 5'11" - I loved being tall in school, too. As an adult, sometimes you wish you could just blend in a bit more - although it comes in handy for reaching things that are up high haha (or changing a light globe without a ladder lol).

It is and it isn't all in the same breath- At 9 their really isnt an "average" height, because half the girls are well into puberty, and the other half are nowhere near it, this effects height, because one of the first symptoms of puberty is a massive growth spurt in females, some can grow up to 6 inches in one year when they enter adolescence.

Its clear as day your little sister is well into puberty, I would even venture she is over 50% complete it. She's hit puberty a bit early, the average age is 10, so give or take shes a year early, it's common. Once she has her first period, she wont grow much more, at most she'll gain another .5 to an inch. Lets say she has period a year from now, she'll gain 3 inches in a years span which will put her at 5'5, and after she has her period she'll level up to 5'6 for her adult height.

When I was 9, I was about 5 feet tall, and was one of the taller girls in the class. Unfortunately, I've been 5'2 since I was 12 and haven't grown an inch in the past 9 years.

That's pretty damn tall for a 9 year-old. But's that's not tall for a girl in general.

5'7" and up would be considered "tall" for a girl.

Yes, it is. I m 5 9" and was 5 at age 10 and I stopped growing at about 13. My daughter is 9yrs 8mos and is 5 2". I think she is going to be taller than I am.

I m 17 and that s how tall I am

Yes. I'm not even that tall and I'm 18.

Yes as I'm smaller than a 9 year old girl

goodness gracious, that's the average height for a thirteen or fourteen year old, that's larger than my 12 year old daughter who's only 4'4.

yes it is and she shud think it's cool

i'm 13 n i'm still 5'4

it's nothin dangerous though

she just has a lot of growth spurts probably