Problem on Two and Three dimensional motion - projectile motion?

I had asked this question earlier and the answer I got was "use standard formulas for projectile motion"... obviously I know this that is why I captioned it as "Problem on Two and Three dimensional motion - projectile motion". I also have already tried applying those formulas. Can anyone... show more I had asked this question earlier and the answer I got was "use standard formulas for projectile motion"... obviously I know this that is why I captioned it as "Problem on Two and Three dimensional motion - projectile motion". I also have already tried applying those formulas.

Can anyone help me in this please? Here goes the question -

Upon spotting an insect on a twig overhanging water, an archer fish squirts water drops at the insect to knock it into the water. Although the fish sees the insect along a straight line path at and angle "phi" and distance "d", a drop must be launched at a different angle "theta 0" if its parabolic path is to intersect the insect. If "phi" = 36 degrees "d" = 0.9 m and the launch speed is 3.56 m/s what "theta 0" is required for the drop to be at the top of the parabolic path when it reaches the insect?
1 answer 1