What kind of treatment did Chris Pine have for his acne scars?

I saw a movie trailer recently for a movie with Chris Pine in it. I noticed he didn't have his acne scars anymore. Does anyone know which kind of treatment he had for it? Was it Fraxel laser or Dermabrasion or subcision or ...?

I have scarring on my chin but I'm too scared to try any of the current treatments. I feel worried it would make my skin look worse or cause discoloration. Pine's face looked pretty good-whatever he had done.

I don't have acne anymore. I'm 42 years old. I have scarring.

Favorite Answer

Sorry, I have no information on Chris Pine, but I'd like to tell you about my experience with the Fraxel Laser procedure.

I'm 24, and like you I have no active acne, but still have scars. I contemplated Fraxel for over a year. I would go to a consultation, but would ultimately back out. I realized "I look in the mirror, see this every day, and it interferes with my confidence and daily life" and got to the point where I decided (and this was difficult for me to do) to just take the risk because I already felt awful every day to begin with... Couldn't get much worse.

I had my first procedure done about 3 weeks ago, and it was PERFECT. My only regret is allowing myself to emotionally suffer from these scars longer than I had to. None of the fears I had had were in the least bit relevant. They told me to not expect to see much change after the first, but there definitely has been an improvement. While not overly obvious, I can personally notice it in the mirror & photos, because, naturally, I'm so obsessed.

My skin is fair, and (where there are no scars) porcelain-like... I was terrified my skin would be too sensitive and have some crazy, adverse reaction that I would regret for the rest of my life. Honestly, it was probably what I read on blogs, etc that put this idea in my head. The pain during the procedure was minimal (I literally couldn't even feel it in many places), about an hour afterwards was awful, and the following 24 hrs was on & off about a 4/10 pain-wise. I was back to work 4 days afterwards, wearing only a tinted moisturizer. It's true your face looks pretty much scar-free for about a week or so afterwards... Once the swelling has gone down 100%, the scars are once again visible.

A lot of people say "Fraxel made my scars bigger"... The thing with that is, a scar can appear to be tiny on the surface, but as the layers of skin are peeled away, it gets much larger towards the "base" of the scar. Since you're 42, I'm assuming the scars have already healed a great deal & are no longer very deep. In my opinion (but I'm not a dermatologist), this will work in your favour towards having good results from Fraxel. My scars are concentrated under my cheek bones & chin, and are approximately 8 years old. I am positive after the 5th treatment (I signed for 5) that the majority, if not all, will be gone.

If you do everything they tell you to pre- and post-procedure, take vitamins, drink A LOT of water (the laser takes away moisture), and clean your face/use the products as advised, it is highly unlikely you will have anything but great results.

I am convinced celebrities like Megan Fox and Brad Pitt have had this done. It really is the most reliant way to get rid of scars... And their skin definitely looks smoother and tighter now than when they had more acne scars before.

If you're still unsure about Fraxel, I highly recommend getting a prescription for Retin-A. It increases your cells' turnover rate, and encourages collagen to build up. It is also the only topical treatment *actually proven* in labs to treat fine lines & wrinkles. All-around win! (If you do use this, stop a good week before & after Fraxel).

Just don't let fears and worries be the deciding factor in whether or not you get Fraxel.

Best of luck!

PS! - If you're prone to cold sores, you must have a thorough talk with a dermatologist/plastic surgeon. Cold sores can be triggered by extreme heat (such as that from Fraxel). In theory, it is possible for someone who regularly gets them to have a major breakout of cold sores afterwards. Definitely something to discuss with a professional if this applies to you.

Okay, now, goodbye & best of luck! :) x

Source(s): Information on Retin-A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tretinoin

1

Source(s): Secrets To Curing Acne - http://acneaway.raiwi.com/?pFsV

Chris Pine Acne

• Erika

Brad Pitt Acne Scars

You want know how to permanently cure your acne, end the breakouts, regain your natural inner balance and achieve the lasting clear skin you deserve?

Free Presentation Reveals 1 Unusual Tip to Eliminate Your Acne Forever and Gain Beautiful Clear Skin In 30-60 Days - Guaranteed! - http://naturalremediesforacne.us/

The video presentation shows you some unique and rare tips on how to eliminate acne and achieve perfect clear skin in as little as 7 days!

This is based on the latest scientific research on how to stop the actual CAUSE of acne.

You can start using this powerful system RIGHT NOW to get the clearest skin you've ever had! - http://naturalremediesforacne.us/

And if you also have any blackheads, excessive oiliness and hyperpigmentation marks or acne scars, then the moves highlighted above will help remove most of these acne related symptoms while restoring your energy and vitality and dramatically improving the quality of your life.

Source(s): Get rid of Acne/Pimple Now: http://naturalremediesforacne.us/
  • Teresa

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice cold water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to �double bag' your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

The secret is never to touch the spots

Tips on how to treat acne and achieve perfect clear skin in as little as 7 days?

While it took little less than two months for me to really see a difference, my acne, blackheads and whole lot of other skin problems I had such as eczema had completely cleared! It was totally amazing...

Get Rid Of Acne Permanently?

Stress is one of the key contributing variables to acne. When you are stress, your physique creates a great deal of the pressure hormone cortisol. This hormone throws off the delicate hormonal balance in your physique, foremost to the imbalances that market acne development. By managing your tension, you lessen the chances of acne outbreaks.

2

Source(s): Nice Acne Remedies http://emuy.info/AcneSolution/?Z75U