Should I contact or wait for this girl?

I'm in love with this nice, pretty, red-haired girl who I attended high school with for a year. And she seemed to like me as well because she was always nice and smiley to me and she'd introduce me to her friends. And one time I asked her to give me a hug because it was my birthday and she smiled and gave me a nice, long hug. But I was too shy to ask her out on a date, sadly.

But I haven't seen her in over a year and a half now because we're both attending different colleges and I'm sure where she lives and I think she already has a boyfriend unfortunately. But we still stay in touch through Facebook and I have her mobile number. But most people have told me I should forget about her and move on and there are plenty of other girls out there for me. But I can't because I haven't been able to feel the same way about another girl since her and I think about her all the time and I really miss her and I think she's amazing. And she still seems to fancy me and I even asked her a couple of times if she wanted to get together with me and she said she'd like to but she's busy but she'll let me know when she has the time. I mean after all, she never said "No thanks, I have a boyfriend." But I haven't heard from her in a while now. Should I contact her again or wait for her? If you think I should contact her, what should I say to her?

Favorite Answer

The proverbs say an open assault is better than secret love. IT's true, I lost a good guy once because he never asked me out until I was in a relationship with a loser, and I just was too committed. She might have something going with a guy, but if you don't at least tell her about your feeling for her, she may be dating him just because she thinks you were never that into her. Man up, tell her. and be a friend even if she gives you the boyfriend already line, your chance may come along, unless she plan says, she doesn't like you like that. I never asked a guy out, I thought it was his job, and if he liked me enough he would do the asking. Tell her buddy!