If i suspect someone to be a pedophile, do i have moral obligation to tell authorities/investigators?

he was accused of pedophilia by his wife. judge gave him 2 years supervised visitation with his kid. now he has partial custody.

ive also seen him give benadryl to his kid, even though his kid was not sick.

(he is a doctor)

the partial custody is unsupervised

his son is 4

• Sue C
    Favorite Answer

You MUST HAVE good reason for believing so strongly in your beliefs. To save a child's life, it's well worth going with your convictions. I would go with my convictions if it were me...the best to you...:)

You have given no reason why you suspect him of being a pedophile, other than what his wife, who went through the courts and a whole legal process, in which he was found, apparently, to have been doing nothing wrong. He damn sure wouldn't have partial custody if anyone besides his wife thought he was a pedophile. Benadryl abuse does make someone a bad parent. But then if he is a doctor, and their dad isn't he the one with the expertise and authority to decide if they are sick or have an allergy and need benadryl? You haven't even mentioned the most sketchy circumstantial evidence to support your suspicion. If here is evidence, thern you report it and let the authorities decide.

I'm all for protecing kids, but no evidence is no evidence. My wife and 3 kids falsely accused me of spousal and child abuse in a divorce proceeding, and I'm telling you I didn't do anything that they said.

I was also sexually abused as a child and find it repugnant and would probably stomp somebody's head in first and call the police second if I found somebody doing that to a kid.

My wife, knowing I had been sexually abused and knowing that people would be more likely to believe I was also a pedophile, even went so far as extorting me for money, and to drop my custody case and give her more in the divorce, saying the kids would report me as a pedophile if I didn't drop my custody case and give my ex everything she wanted.

Sick and evil is not limited to pedophiles. Sometimes wives going through a divorce are sick and evil too.

That's a hard call to make. I mean benadryl is typically for allergies. How do you know this child doesnt suffer from allergies? Is that all you are basing your suspicion on?

Hmm... I would document the things you see that seem strange and leave it at that for now. How old is his son? If you really think he's doing something like that to him, I would mention something to the mother but be sure to say that's what you *think*, not what you know. Better to be safe than sorry.

If you know some one who is molesting children, you report that person to authorities.

If you feel that the child is being abused by the father, you report that to child protective services.

Yes. You should always say something if you have sufficient reason to believe that a child is in danger. Joe Paterno didn't and look what happened to him.

• Gary B

you need proof. Giving benadryl is NOT pedophila.

Remember, you spread this around and it turns up false , YOU get sued for slander!