Scientific Method Question?

I'm writing a short essay about the scientific method. The first half is about the steps themselves.. okay, easy enough.. and the second half is supposed to answer the question "How do scientists use these steps to identify and answer questions?"

Can anyone help me out here? I just really don't know how I can turn this question into an entire paragraph or two :/

@Hannah - THANK YOU. I thought it was a crap question as well and it's nice to know I'm not the only one feels that way.

Favorite Answer

Well, I think you might want to pick a specific experiment that a scientist would go through and show how he/she uses each of the steps. It's a crappy question, since it's basically rehashing, but by giving a specific example, it will help you understand how to apply it in real situations.

• Chris

Take the example of the discovery of penicillin. There was an accidental discovery, but then the method was used to formulate and answer questions about it.