Bailey asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

My male dog's genitals?

So, I have a small dog, only one year old! I was just picking him up and saw some greenish stuff Just on the tip of his penis. It's look like it would be the same texture as a woman's natural discharge. I gently pulled it back a bit to just get a better look and there is a bit of it. Is this a natural way of keeping it moist or should I be worried? Please keep any rude comments to your self and thank you!

Favorite Answer

Actually, Warrior spelled it wrong. Just in case you want to look it up, is spelled smegma. (The answer itself is correct)

That is *smegma

That is normal, it's just there to keep the dogs penis "clean" and moist.

Dogs usually lick it off when cleaning but some dogs don't.

It's normal.

Edit: Srry Julie D is right I did spell it wrong. Fast typing.

Sounds like he has Bull Head Clap. Check with your vet before touching or treatment.

Depending on how bad the problem you may want to consult with your vet. Read this article.

http://www.findavet.us/2011/08/treat-dogs-smegma/

• Ocimom

INFECTION - please call your vet and get the dog treated quickly. If he's not neutered, set up an appointment to do that in the next few weeks (after the infection is cleared up).

Clear or whitish is normal, GREEN IS NOT NORMAL.

Totally normal discharge!

Think of it like earwax for your ear

Or

Saliva for your mouth

what the other person said. its perfectly fine hell probably clean it up later (:

if it is excessive and starts to leak out, then contact your vet. otherwise dont worry

either learn how to clean dog or talk to vet or groomer