Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 9 years ago

Whats your opinion on evolution ?

Do you believe in it ?

We come from apes ?

Its really putting a lot of questions in my head about islam..

• ...
    Favorite Answer

If we came from apes, why are there Still apes in the world?

~

No I don't believe it not even by a far shot.

You might ask why and here is my answer to that question:

1)People who say that are probably atheists (people who don't believe in god), pretty much meaning that they want to explain there existence by any way possible, because they don't believe in god, and they don't believe that He created us.

2)I'm studying medicine (hooray for me!!!! ;) ) and I am learning stuff about the human body that are so precise (like changing one molecule in a one protein can make you have some serious medical complications, but ,nevertheless, humans vary ALOT) that really question the fact that evolution occurred, because evolution is really highly based on pure chances, and chances only.

3)I had a microbiology Professor (yes, Professor) who himself stated that evolution had a lot of unexplainable gaps.

4)Evolution is said to be started by a some chemicals that just happened to be in the right place at the right time to make a cell.... Do you know how complicated a cell is, bearing in mind that certain chemicals "happened to come together" in the right places at the right time over and over and over again???

5)Scientists can't prove at all that life started from non-living chemicals, all they can do is speculate and try to explain.

6)I read once in a book (kind of an old book) that if you wanted to make ONE protein molecule you would need I think 2-3 times the universe's size filled with nitrogen, oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and maybe something else (I can't remember) and at who knows what temperature (I can't remember too, sorry) to get a one out of 20^127 (20 to the power 127) to get I think a certain type of protein.

7)Allah said that humans are from dirt, and we believe Him, so ......

There is another reason but I don't know if you took this stuff at school.

p.s. I don't say that it is not possible that for example a dog branches from wolves (they are kind of close), but I really do oppose the idea of us coming from a unicellular organism.

If you have any question feel free to ask me :D............

Source(s): years of torture in school.......... ;)

It's scientific truth a.k.a reality. That's my opinion. Oh and we didn't came from apes. That's not what the theory suggests. Apes and humans share a common ancestor. You should read more about it (and not on the internet. Well, atleast not on dodgy religious websites).

Religion is fantasy fiction, obviously, even without evolution or any other scientific idea. Nothing about it is true. It's all man-made.

And I agree with what don above says. Thumps up to him.

We don't come from Apes that is Darwinism stuff. But evolution as itself yes, it would be impossible to live in an ever changing earth and not adapt. That's why if you go outside you find people who look differently.

My opinion is that nobody's opinion on it makes a difference. Evolutionary theory is true or untrue regardless of our personal feelings about it. All we can do is study the evidence in front of us, try to recognize patterns when they appear, and make our best unbiased guess.

Micro-evolution definitely exists; you can demonstrate this in your basement over the course of a weekend. Macro-evolution (people evolving from apes, etc.) seems likely to be true, as genetic information and the fossil records seem to indicate.

I consider science as a seperate arena from religion. Science deals specifically with what we can see, hear, feel, and experience. Religion deals specifically with things that cannot be shown or measured. A win for science is not a loss for religion, except where a scientific explanation replaces a supernatural one, such as the old belief that the gods cause rainstorms.

In terms of religion, I have only this to tell you: everything that you know about God, Allah, Zeus, or whatever you choose to name your deity--all of it has been told to you by someone else. I think you can probably admit that if you were raised in a Christian household, you probably would be a Christian--at least for a time. I have to think that if there was a god, and he/she/it/them wanted us to believe a certain way, then we would have been given an instinctive set of instructions. Aside from a basic sense of what is good and bad for ourselves and others, we seem to have none. I can't imagine a creator who would expect his creations to correctly choose the proper instruction manual from among dozens of closely related religious texts, most of which have multiple edits and versions themselves. The fact that people regularly kill one another over differences of opinions as to the correct text seems to point to no omnipotent being standing watch over us.

At the end of the day, you don't get to choose your religious beliefs. You can call yourself a Christian, a Muslim, or whatever you want, but what you believe is that which makes the most sense to you. My advice is to not try to steer yourself toward any one set of beliefs, but to pay attention to any evidence, regardless of where it comes from. Question and test everything--especially if you're getting information secondhand. Your beliefs will reveal themselves slowly with each new thing you learn.

Evolution is just the study of change in physical organisms through successive generations or is there anything more to it? And they still haven't nailed the whole thing yet :) so what is the problem ?

Tell you what, alternative to the creations of God it is not, in fact God will be responsible for it if it turns out to be what it promises, like everything else.

We don't come from monkeys anymore, they were forced to abandon a Lucy for a Ardi not to mention the Big Bang for a Dark Flow, now it seems the monkeys are our cousins instead of our parents ????

Those who may be interested in the little known fact that a growing number of scientists and medical professionals are not convinced of the scientific merits of evolution (please checkout the links below) let alone the implied philosophy of a Godless creation;

http://www.dissentfromdarwin.org/

www.dissentfromdarwin.org

We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life. Careful examination of the evidence for Darwinian theory should be encouraged.

http://www.pssiinternational.com/

Physicians and Surgeons for Scientific Integrity dissent from Darwinian macroevolution and are skeptical of the claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the origination and complexity of life.

While there is no doubt that evolution is real, humans were actually placed here by far-off friends (as I like to call them), who seeded this planet with sperm and egg over 100,000 years ago. The far-off friends used to visit our planet, but likely only maintain remote monitoring devices in the vicinity of our planet. One day, relatively soon in all likelihood, we will probably begin to discover some of the far-off friends' monitoring devices.

Allah swt created Adam and he created Hawwa as Humans...

He did NOT create them as monkeys/apes...

If we have 99% same DNA and all that then why do they put a PIGS heart and valve into a human as a transplant??

Qur-an has clearly indicated its invalidity by saying' Have you not look to camels how they are created?. . No evolutionists are so far succeeded to find out an ancestors for Camels. So it is foolish hypothesis not acceptable.

• Possum

Evolution is true. And no, we did not come from apes. Apes and humans share a common ancestor, and we started evolving separately from that common ancestor millions of years ago.

it is a scientific fact that totally debunked the fairy tale of Adam and Eve