Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Should I take up my cross again?

When I was in high school, I worked my butt off.... I worked harder than anybody in my grade and I managed to get into an Ivy League school even though I had more problems in one year than most people have in 10... then I started slacking off.

Now after being extremely lazy for 6 years I am thinking I should become hard working again but if I am going to be hard working again, I want to commit everything that I have and everything that I am to this... It just requires so much sacrifice I don't know if I should do it, what do you think?

God even told me the only way I'd get the man of my dreams is if I'm really hard working.

• Duck
    Favorite Answer

Here's the thing. I was in the same position you're in now; I was burned out, tired, and basically dropped off of the surface of the planet. I was working at an average paying 3rd shift job as a computer operator. After 8 years of that, I finally decided that I'd had enough rest, and with renewed energy, went after my dreams. I think it's common for people to need to take a breather and get their bearings. This allows them to appreciate what they have more when they get it.

I'd say go for it, if you think you're ready. You know the path that lies ahead, and you know it won't be easy, but you also know it will be worth it in the end.

You went 'all the way' before, and you see what happened, right?

We can get tired, TIRED, so tired we lose it all.

So you'd like to try again. But so much? When you know what happens

when you do that?

And wouldn't 'the man of your dreams' then just want you for what you could

do for him?

If you really knew that God told you this. you would not EVEN be asking this, are your pants on fire?