do spinal injuries always cause some type of paralysis?

Favorite Answer

No, not always. It depends where the injury is and whether the cord itself was damaged. I've had 3 spinal injuries and got a lot of bulging disks that needed attention, but never any paralysis. That includes falling off a ladder onto a pile of broken concrete, where I have a whole lot of pain in my lower back some nasty spasms now and then, but again, no paralysis. If someone you know has been in an accident and you're worried about them, know that doctors are amazing and a little prayer doesn't hurt, either.

No, but the higher the injury on the spine, the greater the chance of paralysis. I think Christopher Reeve damaged the 3rd or 4th cervical vertebrae (C3-4). That is very high on the spine.

• kirgan

Treating a ailment potential which you do not have a good treatment, yet can handle the indications which will the two shrink discomfort and suffering or ultimately get rid of ailment. together as curing the ailment is whilst the treatment is fairly regular and has been well-known by using fact the answer, as a effect it is going to artwork to rid you of the ailment, era.