Parents I'm 16 am I wrong for getting mad at my dad? ?

My dad is always accusing me Of something whether it be having a boyfriend or snarling out to go somewhere...he constantly wants to go through my stuff, yes I understand that he's a parent and he has his rights as a father but he just goes through my stuff as evidence that I'm doing something .... Today he told me to tell him about the so called relationship with the boy that waits at my bus stop and rides my bus when the truth is there is no boyfriend ...he never bothers my 17 year old brother about anything even though my brother crashed his car and is very lazy . He will slap me once for defending myself but he will do nothing to my brother....no matter how rude he gets and sneaks out

I'm not allowed outside because my parents say all of my friends are bad when they have never met them, and I don't trust just anyone and my friends not acquaintances , but friends are actually respectful teens that Are dedicated to school work and down to earth .

My father was also abusive when I was a child. He hates when you tell him that he's wrong but loves to criticize others...

I'm thinking of starting to save money for when I move out at 18...I try to be respectful to my father but he makes it very hard...

Favorite Answer

No, you are not wrong for getting mad. Anger is an appropriate reaction to an unfair situation, and it sounds like you find yourself in those often. If you haven't brought up the unfair difference in the way you and your brother are treated, you should start there. I'm sure you have though, and respect is something that a lot of people never get from their parents, regardless of who they are or what they've done. I know that knowing that won't make you feel better about the sadness of the situation, but you can at least start to reduce the stress by recognizing the situation as another thing you shouldn't let get to you, because it's out of your hands. Just continue to display the sort of respect you would expect to be treated with, and take comfort in knowing you're still fair and didn't let it "get to you". You can be mad, just don't let it evolve into hate. Rise above it by keeping looking forward to that day of freedom as your near-term goal.

Source(s): Life...
  • A

I don't blame you for being mad at your dad. I would be mad too. He's probably afraid you'll get pregnant and he'll have to deal with that. Yes, I would save my money and make plans to move out on your own. You sound like a fine independent young lady. Be sure to make good choices in your friends at all times and make your life a success. That prove Dad wrong and will always benefit you.

• LaLa

You are not wrong for getting mad. You could move out when you turn 18, or just go to a college with housing provided.

well you are rong donn't get mad tell them in a soft voice cry make notes for them they will understand

no get mad at your dad it is always good to get mad at your dad