What do you think of the name Ryan for a girl?

I've seen a lot of people on here lately refer 2 it as a girl's name and I hate it! Its really masculine and not that attractive. Your thoughts? Does anyone feel differently?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is really trendy right now to use masculine sounding names for girls....Bennett, Hayden, Ashton and etc...I don't care for it myself.

• 9 years ago

Ryan has been a top 50 boys name for like 30 years

Why would you name your daughter a common boy name

It's like naming your son Ashley today

A very common girl name for over 30 years

• 9 years ago

I think its far too masculine for a girl if its pronounced Ry-in.

Some people call their daughter ry-anne or ree-ann and spell it Ryan. While I think these pronunciations are more feminine, the spelling Ryan is just too similar to the commonly used masculine ry-in, therefore I think people should steer clear and spell it Ryanne or Rianne or something.

• 9 years ago

I'm sorry but I HATE the name on a girl. It's a boys name and honestly, when I hear it on a girl my first thought is that the parents really wanted a boy and just didn't care enough about a girl to pick her her own name.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm seeing this as a girl's name more and more. I really dislike it. It's way extremely masculine and doesn't even sound the least bit unisex. I'm also seeing Dylan on a girl more and more, which is equally awful, IMO.

Personally, I'm not even a fan of Ryan on a boy, let alone a girl. But each to his own.

-Sam♥

Mind voting on my name list? http://www.babynames.com/Names/namelist_view.php?V...

Source(s): 13 year old baby name lover
  • 9 years ago

Just too masculine. Very unfeminie I like tomboyish names like Danielle and some unisex names like Avery if feminine aren't someones thing but Ryan (and LOGAN) are are masculine as Bob and who'd name their little princess BOB?

• 9 years ago

I think it is for a boy. I know a girl called Rhian (Ree-un) but that is slightly different.

It will sound good for a middle name for a girl though!

By WaterMelon

• 9 years ago

Horrid. It's ridiculously masculine. It means "Little King". Kings are male monarchs. Females are Queens.

• 9 years ago

I personally like it! If I had a sister that was going to be her name but spelled differently.

Ryanne

Ryann

Rianne

:)

• Hope
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Ryan works for a boy. (ri-un)

Ryann works for a girl. (ri-ann)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.